c h a p t e r 4 ~ wake up

"Reggie likes Jessica."

"Come on Jules, we're letting them stay it's the nice thing to do." I told her, then Luke appeared in front of us, "Stop doing that I'm serious." Julie said I nodded, "I'm gonna have to agree with her on this one." "Oh, I'm sorry." Luke said, "What do you want?" Julie asked.

"I know this is all completely insane but you do know how rad this is? People..... actually people can hear us play." Luke told her, she looked at him, "Yeah it's just I've had a really really awful day. I gotta go."

"I'm sorry you had a bad day, but three guys just found out they had a bad 25 years. Then they found out that the one thing the one thing that they lived for in the first place they can still do. That's pretty rad." Luke told her.

"You're right. It's just...." Julie started and Luke cut her off, "Your bad day. Yeah. I know. Look, I'm sorry we came into your guy's lives, but what I just felt in there actually made me feel alive again. We all felt alive again. So you can kick us out if you want but we're not giving up music. We can play again. That's a gift no musician would turn down. You gotta know that. Clearly, your mom is into music."

"Was." We both told him, "She passed away." I told him, he looked at us with wide sympathetic eyes, "I am..... so sorry."

"Yeah..... We didn't know." We turned and saw that it was Alex that said that, "It's alright. You guys haven't seen her anywhere, have you? From wherever you're from." Julie asked.

Alex and Reggie shook their heads, "No I mean your kind of the first people we've seen." Alex said, "Yeah but they're not dead, so it doesn't really answer her question." Reggie said, Alex quickly cut him off, "Yeah I think they get what we mean... I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks." we both mumbled, "Sorry I got mad. You guys are kinda good." Julie told them, Luke looked at her, "Kinda? You know that's like 25 years of rust just getting dusted off." "Yeah, do you play the piano too?" Reggie asked, "No. No, I don't play that's my mom's and Jess's stuff in there." She lied.

"What do you play jess?" Reggie asked, I smiled, "Well I play piano, I sing, I play drums, I play all sorts of guitars, and I play basketball and volleyball sports-wise, I also really wanna learn to play bass." I told him, he smiled, "Maybe I can teach you sometime." I blushed, "Yeah..." We were staring into each other's eyes, Jess stop this he's a ghost. But he might be the guy for me. I thought.

We were snapped out of our gaze by Julie, "I guess, if you need a place to stay, you can stay in there. There's a bathroom in the back and a couch that turns into a bed if you still use any of that stuff."

"Dibs on the shower! I just really like showers and sometimes the occasional bath." Reggie said, "This... this is just too weird." Julie said and then walked away.

"Told you she would let you stay." I told them, and then I looked at each of them, "Goodnight Lucas, goodnight Alexander, Goodnight Reginald." Reggie looked at me wide eyed Alex and Luke scrunched up their noses. "That is not my name." Luke and Alex said at the same time.

"How'd you know my name?" Reggie asked, I smiled, "I didn't I just guessed. Do you like when people call you that? Actually , I don't care that can be my special name for you." I told him now shamelessly flirting, he smiled and blushed, "Well normally I don't but when you say it I like it. And I'm calling you Jessica because that seems like it's your real name." "Wow, you got it right." I told him and then I walked off to bed.

"Goodnight Jessica!" Reggie called out, then I heard Alex mock him, "Goodnight Jessica. Reggie likes Jessica." Then I heard Luke, "Reggie likes Jessica." Then I heard Reggie, "Guys shut it." I walked in and went to bed smiling.

When I woke up I got dressed, (outfit below) and got my bags packed, and made sure to grab lunch.

I went out to the studio and I saw Julie start to play, she motioned for me to join her so I did

I went out to the studio and I saw Julie start to play, she motioned for me to join her so I did. We played a song that our mom wrote us.

Here's one thing I want you to know
You got some place to go
Life's a test, yes, but you go toe-to-toe
You don't give up, no, you grow
And you use your pain
'Cause it makes you you
Though I wish I could hold you through it
I know it's not the same
You got living to do
And I just want you to do it
So get up, get out, relight that spark
You know the rest by heart
Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up, wake up
Better wake those demons
Just look them in the eye
No reason not to try
Life can be a mess
I won't let it cloud my mind
I'll let my fingers fly
And I use the pain 'cause it's part of me
And I'm ready to power through it
Gonna find the strength, find the melody
'Cause you showed me how to do it
Get up, get out, relight that spark
You know the rest by heart
Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up, wake up
So wake that spirit, spirit
I wanna hear it, hear it
No need to fear it, you're not alone
You're gonna find your way, oh
Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
When you feel lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up, mm-mm, wake up

When we finished we saw a note our mom wrote us, "Julie, Jess, you can do it. Love mom." Then we both started crying.