c h a p t e r 1 2 ~ telling ricky

"So Jessica Molina is finally dating someone?"

When I woke up I got dressed for school (outfit below) and grabbed all my stuff and got in the car to drive Julie to school.

When we got to school Julie was dancing through the hallway like a manic. Flynn and I walked over to her locker laughing. "Hey what's up?" Julie asked us. "Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." Flynn said. "Thanks?" "Julie asked.

"So how's the band? Still hot? Still talented? Still dead?" Flynn asked. "Amazing. Luke and I spent the whole weekend writing songs." Julie told her. I smiled, "Yeah and I hung out with Reggie." "You two wanna hear some of the songs?" Julie asked us. "Duh!" Flynn and I exclaimed as we ran down to the music room.

We got there and Julie started talking as she walked towards the piano. "It's like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with mom." Julie told us. She sat down at the piano, "So this is the first song Luke and I wrote. Here's a bit of the chorus." Julie told us.

She started to sing, "'Cause we're standing on the edge of great. great. great." She then stopped playing and looked up at us. "Wow. I like it. Definite Gaga vibes." Flynn told her. "Julie I can't wait to play that!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks. I think we have an anthem with this one too. It's something my mom and I were working on. Luke and I finished it. Check it out." Julie said and then started playing, "And it's one, two, three, four times. That I've tried for one more night. Light a fire in my eyes. I'm going out of my mind."

"That's.... that's beautiful. And my girls got a crush and his name is Luke." Flynn said. I nodded my head excitedly, "Totally you two spent all weekend together." Julie shook her head, "What? No. Luke's a ghost." "A cute ghost." Flynn added. "With great style." I told her. She nodded, "And a perfect smile."

"Ha! We knew it! Just remember he's made of air.... you to Jess, Reggie is just made of air also." Flynn told us. "Cute air." Julie and I said at the same time. Flynn smiled, "But just don't get hurt you two, okay? You guys both have a connection with them. Everybody's wondering when you'll play again."

"Play again?" Julie asked. "Yeah we don't have anything planned." I told her. "Luke and I have just been focused on writing songs."

"Lucky for you two, your marketing team has been way ahead of you." Flynn told us. "We don't have a marketing team." Julie told her.

"Yes, you do! And surprise, you're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm dj-ing too. I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team." Flynn told us. "Best marketing team ever!" I exclaimed sending Flynn a smile.

"No. No. This is in front of the whole school." Julie told her. Then Flynn's phone buzzed and she took it out to look at it, "Sorry! You already have 68 likes." Julie ran after Flynn who had started to leave. I just sat in the music room for a second before my least favorite part of the day of dances started, all the asking me to go with people.

I walked out of the room and saw Ricky. "Hey, Jess!" He exclaimed walking towards me, "So I know that you don't like to go to these things with people and I don't have anyone I want to go with so how about we go..... I mean as friends. And then you can tell people you have a date." Ricky said.

I smiled, "Thanks, Ricky! But...." I lent in to whisper in his ear, "I'm dating someone from another school and hope that they're gonna go with me." I pulled away, blushing, with a huge smile on my face. He looked at me wide-eyed and shocked, "So Jessica Molina is finally dating someone? I never thought this day would come. I always thought you were "too busy." I mean, I know that was a lie but come on Jess.... when do I get to meet this guy?"

I laughed, "Shut up! I'll introduce you two at the dance. But in case he doesn't show..... save me a dance? I don't feel like driving so...... could you give Julie and me a ride?"

He smiled, "Of course Jess, but he better show up or he's a dead man." "He already is..." I muttered under my breath. "What was that?" asked Ricky.

"Oh! I said it's the bass player. You know from Julie and I's band. He's visiting." I told him. "Oh yeah! I kinda had a feeling, I mean you two had a ton of chemistry on stage when I saw you perform. But anyway, good luck tonight!" He said and walked away.

Today was the longest day ever. I had 6 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 7 juniors, and 3 seniors ask me to the dance.

But lucky for me, I had a volleyball scrimmage after school and it was a great way to blow off steam. I play varsity and I was on a team with my senior friends, Ella, Callie, Sarah, and Laci, and my junior friends, Jackie, Jayden, Haley, and Macy.

We played really good, I was a setter on the team and I was told that next season I was going to be the captain. I started setting up my friends and we were getting a ton of kills.

Then it was my turn to go back to serve, I was also a really good server. I started with a jump serve, we got a good rally and my team won the point. Then I got two aces in a row. Then we lost the next point but we played really well and won the game. After I went to go see Julie and I told her it was time for us to go.

I drove Julie and me home after I was done with my scrimmage. My team crushed and I was so pumped about it, we were jamming out to Taylor Swift again. When I got home I went upstairs to my room and got changed. (Outfit below)

And then made my way down to the studio