c h a p t e r 2 4 ~ panic

i made you have a panic attack?

jessica's pov

julie and i walked down the stairs in the morning and heard our dad singing. "I got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see."

then reggie joined in, "When you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me. I got a spark in me, hands up..."

"Hands up, yeah." reggie said. "this is new." julie said to reggie. i just looked down awkwardly. "yeah i was in the mood for cooking some breakfast." my dad told us.

reggie giggled and i tried not to smile but i did. he laugh just made me happy. "he though you were talking to him. me and your dad are pals now. it's a little one sided and he might hate me a little bit it works." reggie told us but was looking right at me.

"look after the talk we had the other night. i was think that i may have cost you an opportunity with that manager. so i was thinking....." my dad said. "dad, no. i should've never snuck out." julie cut him off.

"let the man speak. he's been stress eating all week. i don't know where he puts it though. it's like.... firm." reggie said. julie and i tried not to laugh.

"i know, but, i really wanna support your band, so i called in some favors, and i booked you guys a local gig." my dad told us. "best dad ever! what?" reggie asked excitedly. "oh my gosh. where?" i asked. "did you call your buddy from drakes?" julie asked.

my dad lost his smile a bit, "not quite. i called flynn, and she's gonna help us throw a party. here. tonight." he told us and i smiled. "oh! so you booked us a gig at our house?" julie asked.

"maybe i was early on that best dad ever award." reggie said and i sent him a glare. he saw a looked down sorrowfully. "all right. hear me out. you invite some of your friends over, you play with your band, and i'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film. that way you have something professional, for your youtube." he told us.

"you'd do that for us?" julie asked. "yeah. oh and jess we need to talk about last night and this band." he said. "okay.... um julie go wait in the car." i said scared. "probably back to best dad ever i can tell the guys later." reggie said and i knew he was gonna stay for this.

julie left to go wait in the car. "so dad? what do you wanna talk about?" i asked. "well last night i saw you guys preform and i saw reggie and i wanted to let you know i always tell you to keep with what you started. but i want you to know i you don't wanna do the band you don't have to and i won't be mad. i see the way you look at him jess, i know you still love him." he said.

i nodded weakly and looked up to see reggie looking at me with sad eyes. "i know dad. i'll be fine. was there anything else?" i asked. he nodded, "one more thing. what was that panic attack about?" i looked over at reggie to try and tell him to go but he looked at me concerned and i knew he was gonna stay.

i looked at my dad and sighed, "well at the end of our performance i was supposed to say tell your friends. but that was some reggie always said. i tried to say it but it was just too much." i told him. my dad looked at me concerned, "do you want to see someone about it?" he asked. i shook my head, "no, maybe if it happens again." i told him. "sounds good jess. have a good day." he said.

i then went out to the car but reggie appeared in front of me. "i made you have a panic attack?" he asked. i nodded, "yeah, but it's okay and i just can't do this right now." i said as i walked past him. "jess! come on jess!" he yelled but i ignored him.

when i got into the car julie tried to talk to me but i just stayed quiet but i was in a better mood when we got to school.

i walked in and went right to my locker i saw that luke was talking to julie probably about what we're going to play tonight. then i saw nick walk over by her and luke looked crazy jealous.

after a little bit he came over by me, "hey jess! julie and i decided on edge of great." he told me. "sounds good." i said and then closed my locker. "do you wanna ditch school and practice with us?" he asked.

"sorry lukey. i can't deal with reggie right now." luke nodded, "yeah i get that. but what happened this morning? he came back into the studio freaking out about you."

i looked down, "tell him to talk to you about it. and i have to go i told ricky i would be his dance partner." luke smiled slightly, "okay well good luck!" and then he disappeared.

i walked into dance class went over to ricky smiled and said, "so are you ready to dance or what?"