c h a p t e r 1 4 ~ trevor

"Yeah because it was about my favorite person in the world."

"So you wanna sample?" Asked Julie. "What do you mean sample?" Luke asked. "Sample someone else's music." Julie told him. I nodded, "Yeah like playing someone else's song." Julie nodded, "Yeah, Jess my mom and I used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song." "Yeah, one of his best!" I exclaimed.

"Nope it's a classic our song." Luke told us. "Pure sunset curve. Never even heard of Trevor Wilson." Reggie told us. "Yeah, maybe you're mixing it up, you know, with another song." Alex told us. Julie and I looked at each other, we then looked at the boys, "We don't mix up songs. Trust us." We said at the same time.

"His daughter and I used to be best friends and her and Jess are still kind of friends. We used to hang out at their place all the time. We know that song." Julie told them. "Okay." Alex said unconvinced.

"Here. Jess can I borrow your laptop?" Asked Julie. "Yeah, here you go, Jules." I said. "I'll prove it." Julie told them while pulling up a picture. "His first album had a bunch of hits, but none of his latest stuff is as good." Julie told them.

The boys stared at the picture in shock. "That's Bobby." Luke told us. "Seriously?" I asked. "Yeah, we just told you his name is Trevor." Julie told them.

"Okay, great. Then... then he changed it, all right. That's definitely Bobby. He was our rhythmic guitarist." Alex told us. "Trevor Wilson was in your band?" Julie asked. "Uh Jules I'm pretty sure his name is Bobby." I said and Reggie sent me a smile.

"I can't get over how old he looks." Reggie said. I went over by his side and grabbed his hand. "Oh..... he looks like a substitute teacher." Alex said causing me to chuckle a bit.

"Julie, Jess.... what were his other hits?" Luke asked. "Get lost." Julie told him. "Yeah I wrote that." Luke said walking over to the dartboard. "Long weekend?" Julie questioned. "Yeah, Luke wrote that one too." Reggie told us.

"Crooked teeth?" I asked, that was my favorite and I hope it wasn't a stolen song. "And that. It was about Reggie." "What I thought it was about you. I don't like that song anymore." Reggie told Alex.

"Jess, maybe that's why it was always your favorite." Julie teased. "Yeah because it was about my favorite person in the world." I said placing a kiss on Reggie's cheek. "Never mind. It's my new favorite." Reggie said looking at me while we still held hands.

"Wait. This is... freaking me out. Trevor's songs are kinda big to me. He's the one who introduced me to rock." Julie told the boys. "Yeah me too." I added. "Yeah. Luke introduced you to rock." Alex told us.

Luke threw a dart at the board. "So this whole time, I thought you were connected to my mom. But instead, you connected to Carrie's dad? Out of all people, it had to be the one girl who had it out for me." Julie said. "Alright, we'll, add it to our list of questions." Alex told her.

"Back when Carrie and I were friends, the four of us used to talk about music all the time. He never mentioned you guys." Julie said. "Yeah sometimes I still go over to talk to him about music and he still hasn't said anything." I told them. Luke threw another dart, "And that's unbelievable. Okay, he can take all the credit and he doesn't even mention us?"

"And he's rich. He has his own helicopter." Julie told them. "Not the time, Jules." I whispered but it was too late. Luke threw another dart and missed the board. "He has.... he has a..... a helicopter?" Alex asked. "With his face on it." Julie added. "Shut up Julie." I said a bit louder this time.

"And he parks it in front of that hotel?" Reggie asked. "No he gets to park it in front of his mansion." Julie told them. "Mansion?" Reggie asked I started playing with his hair, "Yes Reggie a mansion." He let out a sad sigh.

"Dude, we live in a garage." Alex told Luke. "It's not about the money. It's about the music!" Luke exclaimed.

"It's a little bit about the money though!" Reggie exclaimed now. I wrapped my arms around him pulling him into a hug still playing with his hair hoping to calm him down. I remember this worked during the thunderstorm.

"It's a little bit about the money." Alex agreed. "He could have shared it with our families. Maybe then my parents wouldn't have had their house turned into a bike shack." Reggie said while hugging me a bit tighter. "What he did was steal our legacy." Luke told them.

They all looked at each other and then Luke asked what they were all thinking, "Where does he live?" "Above the beach in Malibu." Julie told them. "Julie!" I exclaimed. "Let's go teach him a lesson." Reggie said. "Wait. What? Guys! We have to rehearse for the dance this is our first gig." Julie told them Alex and Luke had already left.

I was holding onto Reggie's hand because I didn't want him to go, "Jess, please let go I'm gonna go there." He said. "Fine, just be safe." I told him.

Just then Flynn walked in, "Okay boys! Break times over, okay? Get to playing. Mama needs her eye candy." "They're gone. I think Jess and I just unleashed three angry ghosts on the world." Julie told her. "But I think I know where they're going. come on." I said as we ran to my car.

On the way there we filled Flynn in and by the time she was caught up we were there. We had to climb the gate which was not fun and then we ran to the door and rung the doorbell.

Then Carrie opened the door.