c h a p t e r 7 ~ bright

"Come back I wanna cuddle."

I woke up in Reggie's arms, "Reggie, baby, I gotta go to school." I said while getting out of his reach and getting ready.

(Outfit below)

"Jessica..... come back I wanna cuddle." He whined. I laughed as I walked out the door, "See you later."

When I got in the car with Julie she told me about this song Luke gave her. Then she asked me to sing with her and of course, I said yes.

We walked into the music room to see only Flynn. "What are you doing, and where is everyone?" Asked Julie. Flynn sighed, "Spirit assembly. I was kind of blowing it off 'cause I wasn't feeling very spirity. You okay?"

Julie let out a sigh, "Not really. I had this new plan to play with Jess for Mrs. Harrison, hoping she'd let me back in, but... I guess I missed my chance." "No... you didn't." I told her and dragged her and Flynn into the gym.

When we entered the gym we saw Carrie and her group performing, they were pretty good. "Look who spent all daddy's money on costumes, and Katy Perry's choreographer." Flynn said. Julie looked at Carrie's group, "Well, it paid off." "Yeah, it definitely did." I agreed.

We were standing there watching when I heard a poof noise and looked over and saw the boys. "What are you guys doing here?" Julie asked. "We wanna see you stick it to the man. Isn't that right, boys?" Luke told her.

"Man, I miss high school." Reggie said looking at the girls. I clearly my throat loudly, and Reggie looked at me, "But I missed you more, you look beautiful by the way." I started blushing really hard.

Alex started dancing along with Carrie but Luke gave him a look telling him to stop. I walked over by Reggie and smiled at him, "Hey Reginald." "Hey, Jessica." He said and smiled back. We were looking into each other's eyes.

Until Flynn started talking to me, "Jess, you got this. I believe in you too." I smiled at her, "Thanks." She then ran off. "What are you waiting for?" Reggie asked Julie. "Yeah. I mean, you look really nervous. like yack in a bowl nervous." Alex told her.

"I just don't think Jess and I had enough time to work on the song." Julie told them. "First off, I didn't know Jess was singing with you but it'll sound amazing, and second, I wouldn't have given you that song if I didn't think you were gonna rock it. Now there's a piano on that stage with your names on it." Luke told us.

"Let's go, Jules." I said and we ran onto the stage. Everyone started to leave as Julie and I took our spots on the keyboard. I let Julie start but she stopped right away. She looked out at Luke while I looked at her. "You got this." Luke told her.

She started playing again and I joined her. Then Julie started to sing, I didn't sing until the second section of music.

"Sometimes I think I'm falling down, I wanna cry, I'm calling out, For one more try to feel alive, And when I feel lost and alone, I know that I can make it home, Fight through the dark and find the spark." Julie sang.

Julie now stoped and I was singing my part, "Life is a risk, but I will take it, Close my eyes and jump, Together, I think that we can make it, C'mon let's run."

Then all of a sudden I heard us being joined, I looked over and saw the guys. Julie and I looked at each other and she joined me in singing, "And rise, through the night, you and I, We will fight to shine, together, bright forever, And rise through the night, you and I."

We soon realized that everyone could see the boys as they all rushed to the stage. We got up and started walking around and singing with the guys, we both had shocked looks on our faces. We kept singing, "We will fight to shine together, bright forever."

I went over by Reggie to sing, "What's going on?" I asked. "I don't know just go with it." He told me.

Luke started to sing now and I went to dance on Alex's drum riser. "In times that I doubted myself, I felt like I needed somе help, Stuck in my head with nothing left, I feel somеthing around me now, So unclear, lifting me out, I found the ground I'm marching on."

Reggie went over to share a mic with Luke, they started singing, "Life is a risk, but we will take it, Close my eyes and jump, Together, I think that we can make it, C'mon let's run."

I finally jumped off the riser and Julie and I started singing, "And rise through the night, you and I, We will fight to shine together, bright forever, And rise through the night, you and I, We will fight to shine together, bright forever."

Julie walked over to Luke and they sang a duet while Reggie and I took over the piano, we were staring into each other's eyes forgetting that we weren't the only people in there. Not even looking at the keys. He winked at me and I winked back. We were smiling at each other but then we realized that we had to sing now.

We all started singing, Julie and I singing the harmony, "And rise (rise) through the night through the night), you and I (you and I), We will fight to shine together (we will shine together) bright forever (bright forever), And rise (rise) through the night (through the night), you and I (you and I), We will fight to shine together (we will shine together), bright forever." Julie and I held our mics up.

We all took a bow, but after the bow, all the guys disappeared. Julie and I looked at each other. We're screwed. I thought.