c h a p t e r 2 2 ~ finally free

i need to go.....

jessica's pov

we got there and walked in. we saw flynn and walked over to her right away.

"next up, dirty candy."

"are we too late?" julie asked flynn. "too early." flynn told us.

"hope you all came to have a great time." carrie said giggling.

"dirty candy? how'd she got on the list?" julie asked. "probably because their good." i told julie. flynn shook her head, "her daddy probably made a call." julie sighed. "i like these. pretty flowers." flynn said pointing at our dahlia pins.

"thanks." i said. "yeah thanks. they're dahlias. our moms favorite." julie told her. we then looked up to see dirty candy start to preform.

all the sudden the boys appeared behind us. i turned around and saw reggie and holy smokes he looked good. he had muscles but he typically covered them but not tonight.

my attention was snapped to the stage when i saw alex appear on there. i looked at luke and he sent me a confused look. i looked back towards the stage to see alex dancing with carrie and her dancers. he was actually really good.

after a little bit he appeared behind us, "you having fun out there?" julie asked. "yeah! your killing it." i told him.

he cleared his throat, "it's not my fault. it's my, um...... it's my feet." alex told us. "yeah." julie said not believing him. "put me back in, coach." alex said and then teleported to the stage. flynn looked at us, "oh it's the guys." julie told her.

alex danced his heart out and he was super good. when it got to the end of the song i cheered as loud as i could. flynn gave me a glare. "i'm cheering for alex." i told her and she nodded. "making me blush." alex said then disappeared and reappeared next to us.

"hey um.... i was just.... i was just doing that for you guys." alex told us. "yeah. you can stop smiling now." reggie said. it was the first time i heard him spoke since i left and my heart broke. i missed him so much. but he hurt me. i can't just let him back in like that. can i?

i was snapped out of my thought by carrie coming up to us, "hi girls. um, isn't it past your bedtime? i mean not you jess." carrie said sending me a smile. "now i remember." flynn told julie. probably just about something i missed. "if your looking for nick, he didn't come." carrie told julie. julie scoffed, "that's not why i'm here."

"okay, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group, the molinas and the fat ones."

carrie and her friends were laughing and i couldn't blame them. the i heard alex, "really?" then i heard luke, "yeah, man. my handwriting sucks." julie smiled at carrie and walked to the stage. "great job carrie." i told her and then walked past her. she smiled, "good luck jess." she said.

i went into the stage and julie started talking, "it's actually the molinas and the phantoms." no one said anything. "okay." julie said as we both started playing on the piano. "Hearts on fire, We're no liars, So we say what we wanna say, I'm awakened, No more faking, So we push all our fears away." julie sang.

she stopped and i took over, "Don't know if I'll make it 'cause I'm falling under, Close my eyes, and feel my chest beating like thunder, I wanna fly, Come alive, Watch me shine."

then the boys joined in and julie and i got up and danced around, "I got a spark in me, Hands up if you can see, And you're a part of me, Hands up if you're with me, Now 'til eternity, Hands up if you believe, Been so long, and now we're finally free."

julie started her solo, "We're all bright now, What a sight now, Coming out like we're fireworks, Marching on proud, Turn it up loud, 'Cause now we know what we're worth."

then luke joined in and i went up on alex's riser and was dancing by him. i looked over and reggie and i made eye contact for a second he sent me a wink and i blushed and looked away, "We know we can make it we're not falling under, Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder, I wanna fly, Come alive, Watch me shine."

then reggie and i jumped down from the riser joining in singing, "I got a spark in me, Hands up if you can see, And you're a part of me, Hands up if you're with me, Now 'til eternity, Hands up if you believe, Been so long, and now we're finally free."

then i started looking at reggie, it's a good thing i could play this from muscle memory or i would be screwed, "I got a spark in me, Hands up if you can see, And you're a part of me, Hands up if you're with me, Now 'til eternity, Hands up if you believe, Been so long, and now we're finally free."

then it was julie and luke's turn to sing but i was shocked when reggie came up to me harmonizing with julie and expected me to harmonize with luke, i did but mostly because i didn't want to let everyone down, i also maybe wanted to a little, "I got a spark in me, I got a spark in me, And you're a part of me, And you're a part of me, Now 'til eternity, Now 'til eternity, Been so long, and now we're finally free."

i was looking deep into his eyes and dang i missed him so much. then i looked over at alex and he sent me a look. he then motioned over to julie and luke who were still kinda close. i smiled and sent him a lock back.

we then all started singing again, "I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free."

julie and i did a bit of harmonizing with the boys then we all sang, "Been so long, and now we're finally free."

then julie sang her last solo, "finally free." then i sang my last solo, "yeah."

everyone cheered as we took a bow, the crowd gasped and then cheered even louder. "thank you. we're the molinas and the phantoms." julie said. "t-t-tel-." i started and then froze as this was reggies line and it reminded s of him to much. "tell your friends." julie said and then pulled me off the stage.

"you were incredible." flynn said. "yeah we were." reggie said. hearing his voice made it so much worse. all of the memories came rushing back to me. the first time we met, the first time we touched, our first kiss, when i realized he cared about me that day in my room, when we would watch friends together, and even when he brought me to where his house used to be.

"i need to go." i said and ran out tears running down my face. i was having an anxiety attack and i didn't know what to do. i ran outside and i heard alex poof next to me, "what's wrong?" alex asked. i couldn't talk, "oh jess it's happening again? okay...." he said and reached out to grab my hands i didn't work, i started breathing harder.

i needed to follow someone's breathing but i couldn't focus. i was breathing so hard and i didn't know what to do. all the sudden my dad came outside with julie. "jess!" julie yelled.

my breathing was still really heavy. "jess what happened?" my dad asked. julie grabbed my hands and i focused on her breathing. i finally calmed down and i realized that julie was getting advice from alex. i smiled at him.

then looked at my dad. "i..... i don't know." i told my dad. "well let's get you guys home and we do need to talk about this. are you okay to drive?" my dad asked. i nodded, "yeah."

i got in the car and alex hopped in, "wanna listen to taylor swift?" i asked him. he looked at me confused, "you'll love her." i told alex. i turned on her music and was jamming out and so was alex. but when i got home.

i knew i was gonna get in trouble.