c h a p t e r 2 5 ~ perfect harmony

"jess please don't tell me your thinking about him."

jessica's pov

"yeah." i said as i let out a chuckle. "okay everyone, listen up we will be starting shortly!" our dance teacher called out, right after coach barron started talking, "boys, i want you to focus and leave it all out on the field." ricky and i looked at each other and let out a quick giggle. it was nice to be with a friend and forget about reggie.

"you'relosing them, frank." our dance teacher told him. "no. i got 'em." he assured her. she shook her head, "breathe in... shake out your nerves. surrender to the music and to your partner. here we go." she said and walked off to start the music.

ricky whispered in my ear, "surrender, that seems a little intense for dance." i let out a quiet laugh, "come on, it's more of a you know, metaphor." "oh... like the things they talk about in english." he said, i nodded, "yeah that's it reggie." he looked at me, "um... i'm ricky." and then it hit me and him at the same time, "jess please don't tell me your thinking about him." i sighed and nodded, "just forget it." "okay just know i'm here to talk, always." he said.

then the music started playing, we got to our spots and our teacher counted us off, "five, six, seven, eight." we started dancing and needless to say ricky and i were killing it. we were in sync so amazingly it was scary. but then, my mind started to wonder. all the sudden my gaze wandered over to the mirror and i saw reggie.

he started singing, "Step into my world, Bittersweet love story about a girl, Shook me to the core, Voice like an angel, I've never heard before." all the sudden our hands touched and i felt happy, like i belonged. i started singing with him and we danced around perfectly. "Here in front of me, Shining so much brighter than I have ever seen, Life can be so mean, But when he goes I know he doesn't leave, The truth is finally breaking through, Two worlds collide when I'm with you, Our voices rise and soar so high, We come to life when we're, In perfect harmony, Whoa, whoa, Perfect harmony, Whoa, whoa, Perfect harmony, We say we're friends, We play pretend, You're more to me, We create a perfect harmony."

just as the song ended i was brought back to reality, i was with ricky, not reggie. oh god oh god i hope he didn't read into that dance and think i like him. just then i saw julie run out and flynn chase after her. i looked at ricky, "come on." i said as we ran out after them.

we found julie in the music room and she was playing the notes to the song i heard while i was dancing. "there you are!" flynn exclaimed, i smiled, "we've been looking all over for you." ricky looked at her concerned, "why'd you run out of dance class so fast?" he asked.

julie sighed, "ricky before i tell you there's something jess has to tell you, about the boys." i nodded now was the time, "the boys are ghosts. come over later and we'll show you. just don't tell our dad." i said. he looked shocked and all he could do was nod. i knew i told him fast but what happened to julie was important.

"now that that's cleared up, i just needed some air. it was a little intense in there." julie told us. flynn nodded, "oh, i noticed. dancing with a guy you've had a crush on for forever will do that to a girl." "yeah. but the whole time we were dancing, i was thinking about luke." julie said. i gasped, "oh my god same! i mean like not same, but when i was dancing with ricky i was thinking it was reggie." flynn looked at us, "seriously? first off, julie called it. second of jess, he broke you he doesn't deserve your thought." ricky nodded, "i know you two always want what you can't have, but considering that they're ghosts doesn't that seem a bit next level?" he asked.

"i know." we both said, julie continued, "and now i think nick likes me. nick!" "he totally does." flynn told her. ricky nodded, "he does, he told me." julie sighed, "but me and luke just clicked. and he's so...." "not real." flynn said cutting her off. she then continued, "you can make all the music you want with luke, but he'll always be a phantom."

she smiled, "so... here's what we're gonna do. send nick a nice little friendly text asking him to come to your party tonight." she started typing a text to him and i looked over to ricky, "your most definitely not invited." i said with a sarcastic smile. he gave one back, "and i most definitely won't be there." we smiled.

"um i usually don't use that many smiley faces." we heard julie tell flynn. "you do now. i'm not gonna let you get your heart broken. and trust me, tonight, your preforming with luke, so the key is avoiding those big, beautiful, dead eyes." flynn told her making me chuckle. " your very pushy today." julie told flynn, she smiled, "your welcome."

there wasn't much to the rest of the day. we just sorta went through the motions and when we got home. we got all set up and next thing i knew it was almost time to preform.