c h a p t e r 1 1 ~ the weekend

"Jess I wanna be with you forever."

When I woke up in the morning it was like noon. I got dressed (Outfit below) and then went down to the studio to see Julie and Luke working on music and Alex sitting on the couch.

 I got dressed (Outfit below) and then went down to the studio to see Julie and Luke working on music and Alex sitting on the couch

"Hey, Jess? Can I talk to you?" Alex asked. "Sure let's go outside." I said. We walked outside and I closed the studio doors. "What do you wanna talk about?" I asked. "So I made a new ghost friend. And I kinda think that we have something." Alex told me. "Oh... so you don't have a ghost friend you have a ghost crush." I said.

Alex nodded blushing, "Yeah. But I don't know if he likes me." "Alex I haven't met him but of course he would like you. He would be crazy not to." I told him. He smiled, "Thanks Jess. You know... I'm gonna go find him so we can hang out." I smiled, "Oh! Bring him here! I want to meet him." "Fine," Alex said rolling his eyes.

After like half an hour Alex appeared in my room with another ghost. "Hi! I'm Jess you must be Willie." I said waving at him. He looked at me wide-eyed. "So you can actually see ghosts? Cool!" He exclaimed. "Yeah I can it's super crazy." I told him.

"So Jess wanted to meet you Willie but I think we can go now." Alex said sending me a look that he wanted Willie to himself. "Yeah. Yeah, go have fun." I said smiling as I saw how Willie was looking at Alex. "Well it was nice to meet you Jess." Willie said and then disappeared.

I was laying alone in my room when Reggie came in, "Hey Jess... um, so I was wondering if we could go for a drive?" Reggie asked. "Yeah of course!" I exclaimed.

I ran downstairs, "Dad I'm gonna go meet up with Reggie!" I yelled and then left. When I got in the car Reggie was already waiting. "So where do you wanna go?" I asked him. "Well can we go to the beach? I used to live there before my house was turned into a bike shack." Reggie said. "Of course we can." I told him.

We drove there and I played Taylor Swift music as we sang along the whole way to his house. When we finally got there I saw his house. "So this is where you lived?" I asked. He nodded. "Reggie, what was going on with your parents? You know before you ate that bad hotdog," I asked.

"Well, they always really loved me. But they fought, they were constantly fighting. And it was hard to see that as a kid." He told me. "Reg..... I'm so sorry." I told him. He looked at me, "That's why I don't like fighting with you. I don't want us to end up like them."

I looked at Reggie and I didn't know what to say so I kissed him. When our lips met they felt like they were home. Like they belonged.

We drove home jamming out to music. On the way home I decided to ask Reggie a question. "Reggie, how long do you wanna be with me?" He looked at me shocked, "Jess I wanna be with you forever." He told me.

I smiled as we arrived at my house. I went up to my room and I turned on the tv as it started to rain outside. Then it was storming lighting and thundering. All a sudden I heard a poof in my room.

"Reg? Reggie what's wrong?" I asked as I could see the sad and scared look on his face. "It's nothing...." He started but then stopped. "Reggie... I know something's wrong just tell me." I said walking over to him. "I'm scared of the thunder. It reminds me of when my parents would fight." He told me looking down.

I grabbed his hands and pulled him over to my bed. I sat down with my head against the headboard and laid him down with his head on my lap. I was playing with his hair and I could feel him loosen up and I could tell he felt safe.

We sat there not saying anything and it wasn't awkward because I've found silence with the right person isn't awkward. Eventually, he started falling asleep in my lap. "Goodnight Reginald." I whispered. "Goodnight Jessica." He said then fell asleep and I did too shortly after.

When I woke up again the next day I woke Reggie up. I told him to go have a day with just him and the guys and maybe Julie because I was going to spend the day with my dad and Carlos. I got dressed. (outfit below) I saw Julie and Luke together again. She definitely likes him I thought.

I went down and Carlos was waiting for me

I went down and Carlos was waiting for me. "Jess! Can we watch some more ghost videos?" He asked. "Of course!" I exclaimed. we had been watching ghost videos for a while and then our dad came into the living room.

"Hey, Jess, Carlos, and I we're gonna go to the fields to play some baseball. Wanna come?" My dad asked, "Of course." I said. We got in the car and drove to the fields.

When we got there we stayed until supper and I made my dad get us chipotle. When we got home my dad asked to talk to me and he had Carlos bring Julie out her food.

"So.... this Reggie kid.... your first guy that your seeing." He said. I smiled at the mention of his name, "Yeah it's pretty awesome." He looked at me, "You know, the way you talk about him is the same way I talked about your mom. And the way your eyes light up when you say his name..... you two are meant to be."

I smiled, "So you like him?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, I like him." I hugged my dad. And then ran out to go talk to Julie.

I saw Carlos and I stopped him. "Carlos, I just wanted to tell you, I'm dating someone but you will always be my number one man." He looked at me and smiled, "Jess, I'm happy for you."

I finally found Julie and blurted out as soon as I say her, "Dad said that he thinks Reggie and I are meant to be." "Well, I could've told you that." Julie said smiling. "You and Luke have gotten pretty close." I said sitting down next to her.

"Yeah.... but it's nothing.... just friends." She told me. "Okay.... whatever you say..." I said laughing. "I'm serious Jess! We're just friends!" She yelled. "I said okay." I told her.

We went inside laughing, and we made our way up to our rooms, "Goodnight Jules! Love you!" I said. "Goodnight Jess! Love you too!" She said.

I went into my room and went to sleep with a smile on my face again.