Chapter Twenty Three- I Knew you'd Fall for me

A/N: Songs for this chapter is: "Love is a bitch" by Two feet and "High" by Whethan and Dua Lipa! <3  Also pretend they're 18 please :))))) SMUT AHEAD!! 

Jules' POV:

Reaching the Slytherin common room, after a rather pleasant yet silent stroll from the Great hall, Draco and I paused. The serpent's den was protected by a daunting portrait of a snake. He smiled down at me, pure adoration swelling in his usual ice-cold stare. "Pureblood" he spoke proudly. I flinched at the word. The idea that the password into their common room was purely based on status angered me. I wasn't ashamed of being a half-blood but I knew I would never be accepted by people of a pureblood status, like the Malfoys. 

The creaking of the old passage opening broke my trance. The dungeons were cold as ever but the warmth Draco provided protected me from the chill. The common room itself was gorgeous. Candles lit the spectacular emerald room, uncovering velvet and leather sofas that surrounded a large marble fireplace. the fire flickered away, the small coals burning a deep scarlet that illuminated our faces. My eyes searched the rest of the room before us. It wasn't entirely what I expected. It was a lot more homely than one would expect but also completely extravagant compared to the Gryffindor common room.

Stacks of books and pieces of parchment scattered across the tables and shelves created a more unorganised and chaotic look. Chess boards lay all around, some perfectly arranged and some games were clearly unfinished.  

"Come." He pulled me toward a spiralling set of stairs that I am guessing lead towards the boy's dorm. A mischievous grin plastered across his face as he ran up the stairs. Well someone's feeling better. I chased after him. Me being the clumsy prat I am nearly lost my balance. Before I could grab for the rail a hand swooped underneath me. Draco pulled me flush against his chest. His hot breath fanning my neck as he whispered "I knew you'd fall for me." 

"Shove off Malfoy." I teased, pushing on his chest. He smirked as he pulled me up the stairs once more. His hand caressed my lower back, sending shivers up my spine. My cheeks flushed a deep red as his hand slowly drifted lower. Draco was silent as we walked down the eerie corridor. Note to self don't walk down this corridor at night. That is some creepy shit. We reached a rather grand looking door, well as grand as a dorm room door goes. Draco unlocked the door and waltzed inside. 

"You only have two beds in here?" I questioned, slightly confused considering every other dorm was filled with five or six beds. "Father requested that I have my own dorm as of third year but it was terribly lonely, so Blaise moved in partway through last year." He replied lighting a few candles around the room. "Who lived with you before then?" I asked, looking around the room. Two four-poster double beds sat on either side of the room. Emerald curtains lined the beds and windows. The sheets of Draco's bed were pure white and silky, his bed was perfectly made but hadn't been slept in for weeks. His bed had a small rucksack on it containing some of his belongings he had needed while in the hospital. 

Blaise's half of the room was messy and boyish compared to Dracos. Blaise's sheets were grey and messily draped over the bed. His side of the room was covered in pictures of his family and friends, which made the room feel as if it were alive. I frowned noticing the lack of family photos on Draco's side, it was upsetting really. The sound of soft music floating through the air brought me back to reality. Draco had turned on a small muggle radio by the window sill. A small sofa sat beside a bookshelf and a chessboard in the corner of the room.

"Theo." He spoke bluntly as he pulled the curtains closed and lit the heater at the far side of the room. "Oh," I sighed. Well, that is rather awkward. 

"You know I should punish you for the way you acted with that prick earlier," he growled taking a step closer to me. My breath hitched as I stared into his darkening eyes. He smirked, knowing he had this effect over me.