Chapter Four-A Predicament

Chapter song- Carolina by Harry Styles

The day flew by, and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. The moment I'd been waiting for all day. I had excelled in most of my classes and couldn't have been in a better mood. I must remember to write to Father later and tell him everything. Neville and I were walking towards the Great Hall after our first charms class. We were partners for some project on summoning charms. My Dads taught me a lot about charms over the summer to make sure I pass my O.W.Ls this year. Neville wasn't the best at charms so Flitwick put us together in hope that I could tutor him.

"So Neville, I was thinking we could start the project tonight after dinner in the common room. Is that okay with you?" I asked turning the corner into the Hall. "Erm y-yeah sure Jules, see you later." He smiled and walked over to Dean and Seamus, who were tucked away from the rest of Gryffindor at the end of the table. A flash of platinum blonde hair caught my eye. I took a glance towards the Slytherin table to find Draco surrounded by his entourage. A girl seemed to be flirting relentlessly with him yet he didn't seem to be interested. He looked up, our eyes meeting, obviously feeling my stare. He smirked, with a wink and turned to the raven-haired girl and engaged in what seemed like a rather intimate conversation. I scowled, what was all that about. The Malfoys are such a strange family. I turned away and found the one person I'd been waiting to see all day. I strolled over to the twins, both of them oblivious of my presence. I slowly crept up behind them and grabbed both their shoulders causing them to jump. "Merlin's beard Jules, are you trying to give me a heart attack!?" George whined, sliding over allowing me to sit in between them.

 "Good Afternoon Gorgeous, how's the first day going?" Fred asked sweetly, passing me a plate of food. His brief compliment brought a blush to my cheeks. My eyes met with his, the heat of my cheeks intensifying causing Fred to giggle. He's so adorable. I quickly shook off my embarrassment and returned to my usual confident self. "Afternoon Handsome, my day has been rather spectacular and it can only get better from here," I replied, taking a bite of my sandwich. I didn't realise how hungry I was until I actually began to eat. That'll teach me to get to breakfast faster.

Bickering could be heard coming from the corridor just outside the hall. All of a sudden Harry was sitting opposite us. "Be prepared They're arguing again, God knows what over but yeah prepare yourself." Harry sighed, catching his breath.

"Ronald, I can't believe you promised a second-year Harry's autograph if they did your Herbology homework! What is wrong with you?" Hermione called out, visibly frustrated and angered. In a huff, she sat down next to Harry and gave the rest of us a quick smile. "Well maybe I would have more time to do my bloody homework if I didn't have you nagging at me 24/7..." Ron mumbled taking a seat on the other side of Harry. Harry becoming visibly uncomfortable being the only barrier between the bickering pair. "What was that Ronald?" Hermione barked, glaring at the redhead. "Nothing," he muttered as he began to eat his lunch in silence avoiding making eye contact with anyone at the table.

Lunch continued on, Hermione and Ron stayed in silence occasionally glaring at each other. I felt Fred move closer and whisper in my ear "I wish they'd just get it on already." The faint warmth of his breath on my neck caused shivers to run down my spine, Fred could clearly see the physical effect he had on me even. I've only known him for a day and I melt whenever I'm near him. I giggled and met his gaze, "we should probably get going if we both want to get to class on time." I suggested. "Yeah let's go, I'll see you in ten Georgie." Fred stood up extending a hand to me. He really is a gentleman. I winked at Hermione which she responded with a knowing smirk. I took Fred's hand, sparks flying at just the simplest touch. I tried to ignore it but neither of us could deny the chemistry between us. 

He guided me out of the hall towards what I suppose was the dungeons. When we were out of the hall Fred continued holding my hand, causing a warm and fuzzy feeling to course through my veins. "So J?" "yes Freddie?" I responded, curious about the change in his usual happy, higher-pitched tone. He leaned down slightly as if what he was about to say was a secret and indeed it was. "What pranks have you got in the works?" he whispered so others around us couldn't hear. "Well I'm glad you asked, I plan on trying this thing that I tried at Beau-" 

"Well well what do we have here?" Draco sniggered walking towards us. We'd been so unaware of our surroundings I hadn't even noticed the group of Slytherins walking towards us. "What do you want Malfoy?" Fred asked, stepping slightly closer to me. "Just thought we should formally introduce ourselves, well mostly me," he said with a wink taking a couple of steps towards me. He didn't scare me one bit, I've dealt with nastier girls at Beauxbatons. "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." he said smugly as if his family name would impress me. I think not. "Gathered and I take it you know who I am, now if you don't mind I have a potions class to get to." I rolled my eyes, smirking at the shocked expression on Draco's face. He may be a complete prat but he is definitely an attractive prat, I won't lie about that. I don't even like blondes. This is a bit of a predicament. Shaking those thoughts from my head I pulled on Fred's hand walking through the group before us. "Now that was bloody brilliant!" Fred laughed swinging our entwined hands back and forth.

The moment was over faster than it began when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I can take it from here Weaselbee."