Chapter Twenty Four- Cross your mind

A/N: I'm back! I know it's been forever but I had loads of personal stuff going on but I'm hoping to update at least once a week from now on.  Also, the song for this Chapter is "Cross your Mind" By Niall Horan<3

Fred's POV: 

Watching Jules run off with Draco sent a pang of jealousy through my gut, I know she is free to do what she pleases as am I but it still kinda sucks. I hate the idea of sharing her with anyone. I haven't known her for long but I have never felt this way about anyone. I have had a girlfriend before, Angelina Johnson, but it just didn't really work out. 

I wanna plan something spectacular to catch Jules' attention. She has been with Draco so much recently completely engrossed in looking after him, I've barely had the chance to have any alone time with her. This is of my own doing but I wouldn't be surprised if she had already made her mind up especially after what I did to Malfoy. I needed to make it up to him too, but that can wait. My first plan of action was to remind her why she liked me first. 

"Hey Freddie," a rather familiar voice spoke from behind me. A small tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality and I spun around reluctantly. Before me was Angelina, tall, sweet, shy, perfect Angelina. The complete opposite to Jules. "Hi, Angie!" I smiled politely "What's up?" 

"Oh, I was just wondering if you erm wanted to come to Hogsmeade with me on Saturday?" She asked timidly, tiddling her thumbs as she looked at her feet, her raven hair covering her face slightly. This was very unusual for Angie. She never makes the first move it was always me which is fine but it's why we never really worked. She isn't a risk-taker like Jules and me. To be honest I wasn't gonna go to Hogsmeade this weekend I need to plan something for J but I feel awful letting Angie down. However, I don't like Angie that way anymore and it would just be cruel to lead her on right?  "I'm so sorry Angie, I have plans this weekend, maybe some other time?" I smiled brightly hoping to lessen the pain of rejection for her. "Oh okay, it was silly of me to ask. See ya." and just like that, she was gone. Oh great now I feel like a total bellend. 

"What plans do you have this weekend Freddie?" questioned George as he cut a slice of pumpkin pie and placed it on Hermoine's plate, which she thanked with a smile and nod. That was odd, Ron and Harry seemed to catch on. Ron sending a puzzled look my way, I shrugged and answered George, ignoring the odd interaction. "I need to do something spectacular to win back Jules, she has been so busy with Draco I've barely seen her." George hummed in agreement his eyes barely leaving Hermione, who was quietly chatting to Ron. I sighed feeling utterly defeated. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. 

"We have an idea." Ron beamed looking up from his conversation with Mione. "Ron and I thought it would be a great idea if you threw a party!" She smiled brightly, clearly pleased with their suggestion. "We thought you could hold it in the common room, it's the perfect place, I'm sure she'd love that." Ron grinned. George scoffed glaring between Ron and Hermione, causing their smiles to falter slightly. "The perfect place if you wanna get caught." He muttered. Why is he being so odd? Before I could make a suggestion Harry piped up. "What about the room of requirement? I know she loves it in there." The group humming in agreement. "Brilliant Harry, absolutely bloody brilliant." I cheered patting him on the back before running off to my dorm.  

Pulling my quidditch jumper over my head, I flop down on my bed, placing my hands behind my head. So time to plan a party. Venue- check. DJ- Lee Jordan, that kid told me everything I need to know about muggle music without a doubt. George and I can get drinks in through the Honeydukes passage. Ron can do snacks considering that's all he ever thinks about minus Hermione of course. Dean and Seamus can be in charge of lighting, well the room of requirement will do most of that for them but they can add a little extra to it. Hopefully, Seamus won't blow himself up like last time. Ginny can sort out the guest list, she knows everyone. Then I just need to get J there, I'm sure I can rely on Harry to do that. Perfect. What could go wrong?  

                                                          ~The Weekend~ Saturday Morning~ 

"George would you stop sulking around and get your lanky arse over here and help with this bloody speaker!" Lee scolded from across the room. George stalked over to Lee with a grunt of displeasure and his head hung low. He lifted the speaker in line with the record player before running his hand through his hair glancing to the back corner. "What's got you in such a shitty mood?" I asked as he pushed through Harry and me. His shoulders were tense as he continued towards the door completely ignoring my question. I could usually tell what was up with George, but he seems so detached from everyone including me at the moment. So it's completely fucking impossible for me to feel how he's feeling right now. He stopped just as got he to the door glancing back over his shoulder at the corner again. My eyes followed his gaze landing on Ron and Hermione who were laying out snacks we managed to snag from Honeydukes yesterday. His jaw clenched almost to the point where I thought his teeth would shatter. He shook his head before storming out and slamming the door like a petulant child. 

What the fuck was that? Did George like Hermione? Had something happened between them? Wait. Is that why I can't feel what he's feeling because we both are having the same feelings about different people. Jealousy? Looking down at Harry he seemed as confused as I was. Our wide eyes meeting as Harry muttered "Well this is a hell of a shit show."