Chapter Twenty- You Stayed?

A/N: two chapters in one night lowkey proud of myself. Also, her second name is now Potter just so you guys know.  

The stretcher took Draco to the medical wing, but before I could follow him I had to understand why Fred did what he did. All the players had now landed and were watching as Draco was taken away. "FRED WEASLEY!" I roared, storming towards him. He looked taken back by my anger. "What's wrong sweetheart?" he smiled cluelessly. He isn't that stupid he is just playing innocent. I stopped in front of him, glaring into his hazel eyes, which would usually make me melt like honey but I was beyond angry and if he thinks he is getting away with this he has another thing coming. "How dare you do that to him!" I barked pushing on his chest. "It's just a game J," he replied, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "That wasn't a game Fred you could've killed him," I replied taking a step closer to him. He looked around realising everyone was watching and grabbed my hand pulling me off to the changing rooms. "FRED LET GO OF ME!" I protested trying to escape his grip. He slammed the door behind us before pushing me against it. "What the fuck Fred?" I growled staring up at him. "How dare you talk to me like that in front of my teammates." He snarled placing a hand on the door beside me. "Oh shove off Fred." I tried to move away to go to Draco but he wrapped a hand around my neck and pushed me back against the door. He leant down so we were the same height and whispered, "I did it because you are mine, not his, mine."

"I don't belong to anyone Fred," I growled using all my strength to push him away. He looked hurt but right now he deserved it. "I'll be in the medical wing when you're ready to apologise to Malfoy." with that I stormed off towards the castle as fast as my legs would take me.

I reached the medical wing and the sounds of his screams brought tears to my eyes. I froze. Then the screams stopped. Come on Jules he needs you. Taking a deep breath I ran to his bed. Before me lay a weak and vulnerable boy. I'd never seen him this way. Tears stained his pale skin which was now a canvas of small scratches. His ice blonde hair tainted with blood from his pillow. His pillow was covered in blood which I'm guessing he coughed up. Madam Pomfrey tended to his breaks and wounds while Snape stood beside him. Neither had noticed my presence yet. "Professor I've never seen breaks like this before. From what I can see all his ribs on the left side are broken and his arm. His side is severely bruised and he possibly has some internal bleeding." She spoke. Snape wore a concerned expression, he seemed to care for Draco. "Can you fix it?" Snape finally spoke. "Yes but he will be here for a while to recover and mending the breaks won't be easy, he will need someone to look after him," she muttered, examining him further. I stepped forward, "I'll do it." Both teachers spun to face me shocked. "Ah Mrs Potter, we were wondering when you would arrive, Draco has been asking for you," Snape spoke slightly amused that the Slytherin prince seemed to be falling for a Gryffindor or even worse a Potter. "Oh dear, he is going to need you to hold his hand while I fix these bones." Madam Pomfrey smiled, I nodded, taking a seat at the edge of the bed taking his hand in mine. They must have knocked him out to help with the pain. 

He stirred slightly and I used my free hand to stroke his hair. Madam Pomfrey repeated the spell "Brackium Emendo." over and over as she waved her wand over Draco's wounds and breaks. His eyes shot open due to the pain coursing through his body. However he didn't scream, his eyes darted down to his hand in mine and up to my eyes. Suddenly it was as if he melted into my touch he seemed at peace like the pain had momentarily left his body. My hand left his hair and caressed his cheek, he leant into my touch. His eyes never leaving mine. "You stayed?" he croaked, squeezing my hand tightly as Madam Pomfrey continued to fix him. "Of course." I smiled leaning down and placing my forehead against his, our noses touching slightly. He sighed as if he was letting out a breath he'd been holding in for hours. "I'm sorry." we both whispered at the same time. Knowing what the other was talking about without needing to use the specific words. He was apologising for the way he acted with Pansy and I with Fred. Suddenly an excruciating scream filled the room causing us all to jump. It was as if all the pain hit Draco all at once and he could no longer hold it in. His back arched and the sound of a splintering cracking caused me to flinch. Then Draco fell back onto the bed limply. His head turned slightly to me, a small smile on his face as he reached up tucking a curl behind my ear before falling asleep.

"Well, that went better than expected. Just need to bandage him up until he is strong enough to continue." Madam Pomfrey smiled before casting a few spells over Draco's now bare torso. His whole left side was a dark shade of purple and blue. He looked so broken. I reached down and pulled the covers over him. "Well, Mr Malfoy seems to be in good hands." Snape smiled slightly as he turned to leave along with Madam Pomfrey who had other students to tend to. I started to play with his hair absentmindedly, he slept so peacefully. He looked so innocent and beautiful just lying there. I got lost in my own thoughts looking over at the other students when I felt a soft kiss on my neck. I smiled turning my head to meet his beautiful grey eyes. He wrapped a hand around my waist and pulled me in our lips softly met. It was unlike the other kisses we had shared before, it was soft and loving. Slowly we lay down now just staring into each other's eyes and talking for a while. Draco soon fell asleep with his arms wrapped around me and his head laying on my chest. At this moment I knew we needed each other, for whatever reason I don't know but it's like we have a fight ahead.