Chapter Seven- The Broom Cupboard

Chapter song- Fallin' (Adrenaline) by Why Don't we

The boy before me was none other than bloody Draco Malfoy himself. I knew it, I knew that voice and that faint scent of mint that always circulated him. "Draco what the hell?" I screeched. "You scared me half to death!" He only laughed and took a step closer. "I thought you weren't scared of anything Jules," he sniggered, he looked me straight in the eye and it was like he was staring into my soul. His face softened as he took another step towards me, a small, shy smile gracing his face rather than his usual smug expression. His softened expression allowed me to witness his true beauty. His eyes like icy whirlpools hiding a brewing storm of emotion and an internal battle many could never comprehend. His pale complexion perfectly complimented his usual dark attire and platinum blonde curtains. "I just wanted to ask when you wanted to start the potions assignment, I thought the quicker we get it done the less time we would have to spend together." he murmured as if he didn't mean the words coming from his soft rosy lips. That kinda hurts. "Am I really that awful to be around?" I thought aloud. I can't believe I said that. Suddenly panic flashed across his face, he grabbed my shoulders pulling me away from the wall. "Oh God, no of course not, I just didn't think you would want to spend time with me outside of lessons!" he flapped worried I had taken offence. "Well Draco, I believe there's a side to you that no one else sees, I don't believe for a second you're the posh, bratty, little pureblood you pretend to be." I proclaimed, placing my hands on his shoulders in a similar way that he had his. In hope, my little statement would show him it is safe to let his guard down, after his moment of panic and vulnerability just moments before.

I hadn't realised how close we were. We were inches away from each others face. A small smile appeared on his face and I couldn't help but stare. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," he whispered, giggling slightly. Well done Jules real subtle. I rolled my eyes, mentally cursing myself. A silence fell between us. I don't think I had completely processed that I was currently in a broom cupboard with Draco BLOODY Malfoy! He took a step closer wrapping his hands around the back of my neck, sending goosebumps across my skin. "You really are beautiful Jules," he whispered, staring into my soul the way no one ever had. A flash of Fred's spectacular smile entered my mind, and I realised what I was doing. Pushing Draco away, I ran from the cupboard ignoring Draco's calls and didn't stop running until I reached our place. Hot tears streaming down my flushed cheeks, the world began to spin around me. This isn't me, what am I doing? I need to speak to Dad before I spiral. 

"Jules?"

Oh god, I don't want him to see me like this. Weak and vulnerable. "What are you doing up here?" Fred questioned, the sound of footsteps caused me to step further away. Wrapping my arms around my torso, I watched the sky and blinked away the tears. "I just needed some time alone, it's all just a bit overwhelming," I spoke. "Oh..." he paused, "would you like some company, maybe a shoulder to cry on?" he asked calmly, however, a worried tone laced his usually confident voice. "I don't wanna trouble you," I murmured. He stood next to me, looking up at the stars too. "Nothing you do will ever be a burden to me." he smiled sweetly. I hadn't cried in months, I'm pretty numb most of the time. I don't feel emotion like this. I think I built up so many walls, it was inevitable that they would come crumbling down sooner or later. I had to build so many walls at Beauxbatons, the girls were relentless if you thought Slytherins were bad you should meet the bitches there. They bullied me for having gay parents, for not having a mother, for having ginger hair. As soon as I was kicked out my Dads taught me a spell to change my hair to whatever I want, that way I wouldn't be reminded of the awful things they said. A pair of strong arms pulled me into a warm embrace. The tears now cascading down my face. I sobbed into his chest unable to hold back years of bottled up feelings. Fred ran his fingers through my windswept curls. The sound of his heart calming me slightly after what felt like hours of crying. I was so tired. I looked up to meet Fred's eyes, his smile beamed, "even when you cry you are beautiful."