𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩

{the beach}

{the beach}

hana sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. ty lee would not be quiet about how excited she was to visit ember island.

on any normal day she would encourage ty lee and smile, but today she was annoyed. she was not annoyed with ty lee, in particular, she was annoyed with zuko, thus passing her annoyance to everyone else.

after azula and hana crashed the picnic that he had set up with mai, she went back to her room. she was peacefully reading some fire nation propaganda, something she had found entertaining, and was interrupted when zuko came in.

he told her that he thought the avatar was alive. she agreed with him, aang definitely was alive. something they didn't agree on was zuko hiring a combustion bender to hunt aang down. to kill him.

this incited a large fight between the two teens. hana was angry that zuko would even think about that and zuko was angry because she couldn't understand why he did it.

he did it for them. if his father found out that the avatar was alive, they would have both been slaughtered. he was protecting her and she couldn't even see it.

they hadn't talked since.

what hana hadn't known was that aranya had been giving him updates on her. aranya liked the pair together and she would do anything to see them get together. so, giving zuko updates on the girl was not a problem.

now, they were sitting on the boat with his sister, his girlfriend, and their friend. this wasn't going to be a fun weekend.

"i'm so excited to spend the weekend on ember island," ty lee cheered. "it's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing."

zuko was clearly not happy either, "doing nothing is a waste of time. we're being sent away on a forced vacation." he got up and leaned on the boat, "i feel like a child."

hana decided to challenge his viewpoint, "that sounds lovely, ty lee." she put on a fake smile.

azula rolled her eyes at hana, knowing that the two were clearly weren't on the best terms, "lighten up. so dad wants to meet with his advisors alone... without anyone else around. don't take it personally."

"doesn't your family have a house on ember island?" ty lee asked azula.

azula looked at her, "we used to come every summer when we were kids."

hana's face softened.

that's why he doesn't want to be here.

"that must've been fun!" ty lee said.

zuko was clearly unhappy, "that was a long time ago."

hana frowned. she stood up and walked over to him. she rested her hand on his shoulder. she was going to be at peace with him for right now, at least.