𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘵

{the desert}

{the desert}

after another two days of staying in the shack, they decided to move on. they managed to travel quite a bit, but that was because of their still very stolen ostrich.

and that's how they got where they were now, the middle of nowhere, with a groaning iroh, an annoyed zuko, and a very tired hana.

zuko finally said something, "maybe we should make camp."

"no, please, don't stop for me," iroh said with pain in his voice.

more moans and groans came from him.

hana sighed, "let's make camp."

zuko quickly stopped the ostrich and got off. hana and iroh jumped off as well. iroh ran over and sat on a large rock.

the ostrich horse clearly heard something because it perked up and looked out towards the distance. zuko and hana quickly got into defensive positions, they were going to defend whatever they had.

"what now?" iroh was defeated.

rhinos surrounded them but hana and zuko didn't drop their positions.

it seemed iroh recognized one of them, "colonel mongke! what a pleasant surprise!"

"if you're surprised we're here then the dragon of the west has lost a few steps," the colonel was stern and his men readied their weapons

hana sighed in defeat. she dropped her pose.

we can't get a week without shit, can we?

"you know these guys?" zuko asked.

"sure. colonel mongke and the rough riders are legendary. each one is a different kind of weapons specialist. they are also a very capable singing group," he explained.

"cool, but are they gonna kill us?" hana asked, clearly done with this encounter already.

iroh shrugged in response.

oh, good to know.

"we're not here to give a concert. we're here to apprehend fugitives!"

"would you like some tea first? i'd love some. how about you, kachi? I make you as a jasmine man. am i right?" iroh offered.

truthfully, hana couldn't tell if he was fucking around. maybe he was trying to bait them and he'd kick their ass, but hana really didn't know.