𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦

{the siege of the north; part one}

   hana and iroh looked out on the waters. they stood there silently until zhao walked up to them.

   "this will truly be one for the history books," he said elated.

   she sighed, "indeed."

   "just think, centuries from now, people will study the great adrmiral zhao who destroyed the last of the water tribe civilization. you two are lucky you're here to see it," he looked at them.

   iroh stood there calmly, instead of egging him on he offered something else, "be careful what you wish for, admiral. history is not always kind to its subjects."

   hana hummed in agreement.

   history is a messy thing. it seems the victors alway write the history books. you only see it from their side. you never understood why each side did certain things. she didn't like it. to her, it was a problem.

   "i suppose you speak from experience," he walked up to the railing. "but rest assured, this will be nothing like your legendar failure at ba sing se."

   iroh looked hurt by this statement, "i hope not, for your sake."

   "tell the captains to prepare for the first strike," he ordered.

   the two of them bowed and walked away. they decided to talk to zuko. they needed to figure out what zuko's plan was.

   they found him in a hallway, away from people. it was rather dark.

   "we'll be landing soon. do you have a plan?" iroh whispered.

   zuko removed the mask, "i'm working on it, uncle. how is your arm?"

   "it's okay. i'm going to have another round of healing before we hit land. i will be okay to fight then if you need me," she offered.

   "i might," he put the mask back on and they split up.

   hana decided to go to the healers as iroh deals with the captain.

   she sat down on a cot and let them go to work on her arm. she closed her eyes and kept herself calm during this process. after awhile they let her go.

   her arm was no longer wrapped, but she was still was delicate with it. she kept it close to her side as she walked through the ship.