𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳

{the waterbending master}

hana knew at some point all the shit they had gotten into would catch up to them. it's just how karma works. she didn't think it'd be so soon, though.

she sat on her bed, trying to relax from all stress she had been put under. then, she heard a knock on the door.

this snapped her out of her calm state, "zuko? iroh? if it's you, you can just come in. there's no need to knock."

"open up!" a man with a deep voice called.

she got up to open the door. she was trying to figure out who it was. she knew everyone on the ship and their voice, yet she couldn't pin it.

"hello? do you need something?" she opened the door to several men.

they grabbed her arms, "admiral zhao is recruiting you for a mission."

"um, no, he is not! let me go," she kicked and screamed.

she was luckily able to slip through their grip. hana began to run towards zuko's room with the soldiers running behind her.

she got to his room and saw the door open.

she ran in, clearly distressed, "zuko! thank spirits your door was open! have you heard about that bastard-" she realized that zhao and iroh were in the room as well.

"yes, i heard," he said angered. "what happened to you?"

"they tried to take me! they can't, right?" she asked, fearing of what could happen if she was.

"no, they can't," he tilted his head at zhao.

"i am simply gathering crew, just as the fire lord told me to," he smiled menacingly.

her wide eyes looked at zuko. he knew she was scared and he was scared for her. he didn't show it but zhao scared him, especially with the things he said about hana. it mortified him.

he shook his head, "hana isn't a crew member."

"is she a prisoner?" zhao asked. "i can take her off your hands."

her eyes were even wider. she shook her head and mouthed, "no."

"no, i will deal with her. leave her with us," zuko calmly collected his thoughts.

zhao nodded his head, "very well. i suppose we won't need her anyway." he sighed, "i'm sorry you three won't be there to watch me capture the avatar, but i can't have you getting in my way again."

zuko lunged towards him but iroh stopped his attack. zhao walked off and looked at the items at the wall. he stared at the swords for longer than he should have. it seemed he was having deja vu.

why would someone display the weapon they committed a crime with?

zhao picked it off the wall, "i didn't know you were skilled with broadswords, prince zuko," he swung the sword around.