𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴

{the dark spirits}

{the dark spirits}

   on certain nights hana caught zuko sneaking off the ship. he'd wear all black, his swords, and a blue mask.

   he did this often, so often that hana began to get worried. so one night she stopped him.

   she grabbed his hand and pulled him into a storage closet, "zuko, what are you doing?"

   he said nothing for a moment. then he sighed and pulled off the mask, "doing what's in our best interest."

   "our best interest is you staying alive," hana told him.

   "whatever."

   "i'll let you go tonight, but you have to tell me what you find," she let his arm go.

   he put the mask back on and opened the door. he looked back her.

   "please," she grabbed his arm again, "don't get killed."

   he shook her hand off and ran as fast as he could through the halls. she sighed and went back to her room.

   the next day told he told her nothing of what he found, instead she was called into the main master.

   when she got there iroh and crewmen were playing pai sho. she turned to her left and saw the lieutenant and zuko hovering over a map.

   "what's wrong?" she asked.

   zuko turned his head to her, "nothing has happened. we are trying to figure out where the avatar is going."

   "ah," she nodded her head. zuko turned his attention back to the lieutenant.

   "we haven't been able to pick up the avatar's trail since the storm," the lieutenant stated, to which it was very clear. "but, if we continue heading northeast-"

   hana's eyes went wide when she saw the larger fire nation ship next to them. she looked at zuko and gave him a face.

   "what do they want?" zuko asked.

   "perhaps a sporting game of pai sho!" iroh said hopefully.

   "i fear that's not what it is," she feared that zuko had been caught the night before.

   a make-shift pass was made down to their ship and several men came down. they let themselves into the room that zuko, hana, iroh, the lieutenant, and the crewmen were in.