𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯

{the dark spirits return}

   hana and zuko kept their heads down as iroh begged for money. zuko was humiliated but hana? hana could care less about being a beggar. she was just drained. all of the life and emotion was just sucked out of her like it was nothing.

   she leaned her body against their stolen ostrich. he was very warm and nice to her. the two liked each other very much. she felt bad about stealing him but he didn't seem to pay any mind. maybe it was because he's an ostrich and not a human, but animals have feelings too. she really didn't know.

   "spare any coins for weary travelers?" iroh used his hat to hold their money.

   some man was kind enough to throw in a few copper pieces and walked away.

   zuko was rather ungrateful for this act of kindness, "this is humiliating! we're royalty. these people should be giving us whatever we want."

    hana scoffed at him, "stop acting like an ungrateful bitch. truth be told, it won't get you anywhere. besides, these people don't have to any of us a damn thing."

   "zuko, they will if you ask. and yes, hana, you have a point. they don't have to give us anything," iroh acknowledged the two teens disagreement.

   they watched as a few villagers pass by, he was scanning them. he was looking for someone he could prey upon.

   "spare change for a hungry old man?" he asked a woman passing in a weak voice.

   "aw," the woman very clearly felt bad. she quickly produced a coin from her sleeve and put it in his hat, "here you go."

   geez, you would think he's done this before.

   "the coin is appreciated, but not as much as your smile," he told her.

   she laughed and walked away. zuko slapped his forehead. hana snorted that this interaction.

   then, a man came up to them. he carried broadswords on his back. he didn't seem to be anything good, a bit rude almost.

   "how about some entertainment in exchange for," the man pulled out a gold piece. "a gold piece."

   there it is. see, this annoyed her, how was he going to take advantage of-

   "we're not performers,"zuko huffed.

   "not professional, anyway," iroh stoop up and began to clap and sing. "it's a long, long way to ba sing se, but the girls in the city they look so pretty!" iroh shifted back and forth as he sang.