𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺

{the crossroads of destiny}

   hana sat in the carriage with zuko next to her and iroh across. iroh had a white box that contained his most prized tea set.

   as they sat quietly, hana's nerves got to her. she picked at her hands nearly making them bleed until zuko grabbed her hand.

   she looked up at him and didn't look back down at her. perhaps he accidentally grabbed it and didn't notice. she ignored it sat on her other hand not wanting to destroy her hands.

   with a few more bumps they made it to the palace. it was beautiful - gold-lined the green emblems and the beautiful roof - it was utterly breathtaking. if the earth kingdom's palace was this grand, how was the fire nation's with all of their riches?

   zuko got out of the carriage first, helping hana and iroh out.

   as they walked iroh whisper-talked with them, "many times, i imagined myself here, at the threshold of the palace. but i always thought i would be here as a conqueror. instead, we are the earth king's personal guests, here to serve him tea." iroh smiled, "destiny is a funny thing."

   hana hummed a response, "indeed."

   "it sure is, uncle," zuko was as cheerful as ever.

   hana had kept true to her promise to the water spirits. she was still there for zuko, she followed him even when he pissed her off. she followed him into shit she didn't want to be involved in. she was doing her duty even without knowing the payout.

   they were taken to the throne room. a table was in front of the throne and the earth king was nowhere to be seen. the three got to work, quickly heating the tea and placing out a few cups.

   they sat patiently, waiting for the king. it was a while before any of them said anything.

   "what's taking so long?" zuko questioned.

   iroh turned to him and gave an excuse, "maybe the earth king overslept."

   "eh, it's possible i suppose," hana said.

   the dai li began to file into the room. they began to surround the three of them at the table.

   the two teens quickly realized something wasn't right, "something's not right."

   a girl, she was so familiar to hana but she couldn't place it, entered, "it's tea time."

   azula.

   "azula!" zuko angrily rose from the ground.

   "have you met the dai li? they're earthbenders, but they have a killer instinct that's so firebender. i just love it," she mused.

   iroh picked up a hot cup tea and stood up, "did i ever tell you how i got the nickname the 'dragon of the west'?"

   hana followed suit, he was clearly up to something and she wasn't going to be left behind.