𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥

{the avatar and the firelord}

when they went back to caldera city everything went back to normal. it was as if nothing had ever changed. hana was with aranya, zuko and mai made up, azula was doing her own thing, and ty lee was being ty lee.

hana was fine with this because she knew that would happen. they would all fall back into the hole they wanted so badly to get out of, but it simply never happened.

she told aranya of the events that happened on ember island. to say the least, she was shocked. she secretly was happy, though. hana and zuko had made up.

aranya didn't know why the two of them were at each other throats for a while, but it had to be serious. hana wouldn't even mention his name for a few days, even going as far as ignoring his existence when he went to talk to her.

aranya thought it was petty, but ultimately fitting for hana. when she was pissed and stubborn, she was pissed and stubborn and would make life terrible. aranya could only laugh at the stereotypical behavior coming from the earthbender.

hana laid in bed, she couldn't sleep. she never could. she wanted to yet it was like she was being haunted by something. it wasn't like spirit, it was like a memory of the past, a failure maybe.

sure, hana failed a lot. she failed aang, she failed iroh, she failed her family, she even managed to fail zuko. although she says she never blames it on herself, she most definitely does. she aches knowing she could've done better.

she let out a grunt of frustration. she wanted to sleep. she needed to sleep. she was so tired. she so tired of pretending, so tired of being anywhere near the man that was truly behind the demise of her family, so tired of seeing the things that haunted her friend and others.

she heard a knock at the door. she got up and pulled on a robe. hana walked to the door and opened it, "zuko?"

"i got a scroll yesterday," he lifted his hand and extended it to her.

hana took i from his had and read it aloud, "you need to know the story of your grandfather's demise. it will reveal your own destiny."

he pointed to the middle of the page, "that too."

"the fire sages keep the secret history in the dragonbone catacombs," she read it and then looked up at him. "where's that?"

"i'll show you, come on!" he began to drag her.

she pulled her arm away, "i need to change."