𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬

{bitter work}

{bitter work}

after aang and his friends left hana and zuko found an abandoned shack. they decided to stay there while iroh woke up and recovered.

for a couple of days, they stayed there. neither teen got much sleep, often making tea for one another and watching iroh sleep. they changed his bandages, making sure his wound didn't get infected.

although hana told zuko that his uncle would wake back up he wasn't sure of it. hana would try and cheer him up and make his favorite tea because his uncle couldn't.

the anger that hana had a few days ago had faded. especially after seeing zuko so hurt about iroh. there was not a way in the spirit world she'd tell him how she felt about him leaving.

hana and zuko watched an unconscious iroh. as they watched him he began to stir. zuko quickly got up as iroh began to move.

he carefully made his way over to iroh, stepping over hana, "uncle!"

iroh groaned in pain. hana quickly got up and began to help iroh sit up.

"you were unconscious. azula did this to you," zuko informed him. "it was a surprise attack."

iroh hissed in pain, "somehow, that's not so surprising."

zuko poured some tea he made not too long ago for iroh, "i hope i made it the way you like it."

iroh took a sip of the tea and was clearly disgusted. he hid it from zuko, trying to not make is nephew feel bad.

iroh masked his disgust, "mmm, good," he took another sip and tried not to gag. "that was very, um, bracing."

she snorted as zuko grabbed the cup from his uncle's hand.

"i'll try and make you some tea later," hana whispered.

zuko handed iroh another cup full of the tea. iroh took it from him. when zuko looked away to pour his cup iroh took advantage of his surroundings. he tossed the tea from his cup out of the hole in the building.

hana nearly laughed at the mans act. the tea wasn't that bad. could it have been better? most definitely.

"so, uncle, i've been thinking. it's only a matter of time before i run into azula again. i'm going to need to know more advanced fire bending if i want to stand a chance against her. i know what you're going to say: she's my sister and i should be trying to get along with her," zuko said, thinking iroh would try and reason with him.

but iroh did not instead he said, "no, she's crazy and she needs to go down."

zuko nodded. hana knew he was devastated, in a way, about fighting with his little sister.

iroh groaned as he tried to stand up, hana swiftly helped him up, "it's time to resume your training."

"i agree," hana said. "but, you must both be careful. especially you, iroh, it was a hassle trying to change your bandages with your dead weight."