Chapter 1

"Excited?," Tony wanted to know and gave me a quick searching look before focusing back on the road. " Why should I? I'm only about to meet the Avengers, who don't even know I exist, so there's absolutely no reason to be nervous," I said sarcastically and played with a strand of my brown hair, which fell in soft waves over my shoulder.

"Don't worry, sweetie. They will love you," he tried to encourage me and gave me a big smile. I stifled my next comment as we just turned onto the driveway of the huge compound. The car came to a stop in front of the largest building and I took one more deep breath before opening the door and setting my feet on the gravel path. Impressed, I looked at the imposing building made of light stone and tried to catch a glimpse of the interior through the huge windows.

"Come on, I'm sure everyone's waiting," my brother snapped me out of my thoughts and motioned for me to follow him through the front door. Curious, I looked around the entrance area while I got rid of my jacket and then followed Tony again into a large room. At one end of the room was a spacious kitchen with a dining area and the other corner was clearly identifiable as a living area with its long sofas and huge television.

Tony lead me further into a hallway with several glass doors. "Here are the offices," he explained before I could even ask, finally stopping in front of a glass door at the very end of the hallway. "And this is the conference room," he continued after a litte dramatic pause and pushed the door open.

When I entered the room, many heads turned to me in curiosity and I came to a stop next to Tony in front of the big table. "So, guys, I told you we got a new team member. This is Alex. She's going to support us from now on and she's going to take over all of Bruce's medical stuff", Tony introduced me and I smiled nervously into the crowd. Of course I knew their faces from the news and Tony told me a lot about the team but still everyone introduced themselves.

The first one to stand up and greet me with a friendly handshake was Steve Rogers, aka Captain America. " It's nice to meet you. I'm Steve", he said with a smile before making some space for the next ones. „ Natasha. Good to finally meet you. Tony told us a lot about you", she also introduced herself. "So you're the paramedic aka super fighter Tony told me about," a shyly smiling man greeted me, adjusting his glasses. "And you must be Bruce then," I returned with a grin and shook his hand too, to which he nodded.

"Hey Rhodey," I greeted Tony's old friend, who I had known for most of my life, with a grin, which he immediately returned. "Hey newbie, I'm Clint," the next one introduced himself so I barely noticed the confused look Steve gave me and Rhodey.

"You two know each other?" he spoke out his thoughts shortly afterwards anyways and pointed to us with a nod of his head. „Sure, for years," I replied suprised. Why wouldn't I know my brother's best friend? Then a realization hit me, though, and sighing, I turned to Tony. "You didn't tell them who I am, did you?" I asked him and Tony avoided my gaze.

"Tony what does she mean?," a young woman who had introduced herself earlier as Wanda wanted to know. Tony sighed and looked to me for help but I just crossed my arms in front of my chest and raised my eyebrows waiting. "Alex is my sister," he then admitted and immediately a few voices in the room were raised.

"Why didn't you ever tell us you had a sister?," Steve asked, eying me intently. "Because I wanted to protect her," Tony replied much more confidently this time. "From whom?," Steve still asked further and Tony ran his fingers through his hair sighing.

"Hydra," replied a voice I knew all too well from further back in the room. All eyes wandered to Bucky who made his way over to me and hugged me tight. "Hey," he greeted me with a grin and I returned the hug even though I knew exactly that all eyes were on us.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" the man next to Steve also got involved in the conversation. "I'd like to know that as much as Sam does", replied Steve, looking back and forth between his friend and me. „When I was 16, I was kidnapped by Hydra because I have special powers. They held me for six years, trained me and experimented on me. They wanted to make a super soldier out of me, just like Bucky. And he's been living in the cell next to me all that time. We helped each other through that hell until one day Bucky never came back from his mission to kill you. They felt he was somehow awakened and took me somewhere else, but on the way there, Tony was able to free me", I explained to the team, watching their faces grow more and more stunned.

"That's why I never mentioned her. I was afraid Hydra would take notice and try to get her back," Tony added and Steve nodded now with a soft look on his face. "But what has changed now?," Natasha still wanted to know. "Quite simple, my little sister is an unbelievable pain in the ass and won't hide anymore. And she's got a point. Plus, she could be a great asset to us and after all, she's surrounded by superheroes here. I think she might be even safer here than at home," he explained further.

We continued talking for quite a while when suddenly the door opened and two strangely dressed men entered. Of course I knew them too, they were the gods Thor and Loki, who had probably just returned from Asgard. "Ah, our new fighter," Thor matured excitedly when he saw me and welcomed me warmly. Loki, on the other hand, stayed rather at a distance and only nodded at me briefly.

"Loki was added to the team a few days ago, but is under surveillance", Tony whispered to me and I nodded. He didn't seem to notice me anymore so I took the time to take a quick look at the dark-haired god. His black hair curled slightly over his shoulder, making his skin even paler. This, however, only brought out his bright green eyes, which sparkled like emeralds.

I took my eyes off him and leaned a bit more towards Tony so that only he could hear me. "Can we trust him?" I wanted to know and Tony looked over to Loki for a moment, who seemed not to notice that we were whispering about him. "I don't know. Don't let him get too close to you, he likes to play games with people", he warned me like the typical big brother and I nodded again.

We sat there for almost two hours and I got to know the team, with whom I would live in the future, better. Everyone made a nice impression and immediately welcomed me warmly into the family. After a while, however, most went to their rooms and Tony took the time to show me around the entire property.

In the basement there was a gigantic training room and I was excited about all the possibilities I had here. During my time at Hydra I had been trained extremely much, so that I was not only good at handling weapons but excellent in several melee techniques.

In a smaller side wing of the building was a lab with a medical department and I was proud to say that I would be running this. I had been working as a paramedic for the last few years, so I was the best trained to take care of the team medically.

After we were done with the tour, Tony took me upstairs where the bedrooms were. He stopped in front of the last one of the white-painted doors on the left and pushed down the doorknob with a wide grin.

Across the door was a black king size bed and next to it was a large bookcase with a comfortable looking sofa in front of the window. Among a few other odds and ends, there was also the door to the directly adjoining bathroom, which was furnished to match my room and had room for a whirlpool-type tub in addition to the spacious rain shower.

"Do you like it?," Tony wanted to know and I just fell around his neck laughing in response. " I'll take that as a yes," he said, now laughing as well, before leaving me alone and I began to settle in.

Hey guys! I hope you like the fanfiction and have fun reading it. I will try to upload new chapters as often as I can but please don't be mad if there is nothing from time to time. English is not my native language so I'm sorry if mistakes creep in, I hope you don't mind too much. Otherwise, feel free to leave me comments if you have any suggestions for improvement or something like that. :)