Chapter 28

Disclaimer: This chapter will include way more detailed violence and bloody details than the once before. Please approach it carefully and if you feel triggered by these things skip this chapter. I will mark the start of the violent part with a  row of these * so you will know when to stop reading.

I tried to hide from Loki's gaze I felt heavily laying on me the second he stepped on the Quinjet by talking to Tony. But with every minute that passed I felt myself shifting my weight from one foot to another anxiously. Finally we were ready to take off and I offered Clint to take his place next to Nat and fly the jet just so I had a little distraction from the dark haired god a few feet behind me.

It actually helped to calm me down again to talk to Nat about all sorts of things and to focus on getting us to DC. But eventually the gigantic building where SHIELD was stationed appeared on our sight and my distraction had to come to an end. We landed the jet and I took my sweet time to stretch and fix some invisible spots on my suit until I heard Loki sigh and steps going away from me.

Only then I left the jet at last and closed the ramp behind me before following the others to a door where I could spot Fury in his all black style with the long leather coat and matching eye patch. "Hurry little Stark" he called over and I jogged the last part of the way to the others. "Where is he?" Bucky wanted to know the second we stepped inside to hide from the wind pulling on us.

"Take it Slow Barnes we need a plan of attack that's better than just attack. Rumlow isn't stupid" Fury tried to calm it but it didn't seem to work judging by the muscle twitching in Bucky's jaw. "I know" he only said but it sounded more like a growl than anything else. Fury didn't let him intimidate him though and held his gaze until Steve gently put a hand on Bucky's shoulder and brought his attention to him.

"Calm down Buck. We'll find him" Steve said and the angry expression on Bucky's face made room for an incredible tiered look. "You don't know what he can do. What he did..." Bucky said quietly and shook his head in a way that looked almost desperate. His eyes met mine and I saw the silent begging in them to help him. "We will get him and he will pay for what he did. But Fury's right we need a plan or he will do much more than what already happened" I tried too.

Bucky looked at me like I betrayed him. "You know what he did. You saw what he did to me. We need to stop him" he tried once more, voice filled with pain that I felt in my bones. "We will. I promise" I whispered and he seemed to think about it for a second before he slowly nodded. I took a deep breath to calm my anxious mind and racing heart down again before turning to Fury. "What's the plan?" I wanted to know.

We took our time to figure everything out even though Bucky still paced back and forth chewing on his bottom lip every now and then. The others and I one after another gave him worried looks but kept on discussing our plan. Once everything was settled we moved to the street Rumlow was last seen in house known as a place to hide when you really don't want anyone to find you.

I took my position in a café on the other side of the street with Wanda. "Everyone on position?" Steve asked over comms. He was somewhere in a hotel room a few building to our right coordinating everything. As everyone confirmed I let my gaze wander over the street. Tony and Sam stood on the roof top of our target building in a crouched position while Bucky secured the back door with Peter by his side, Nat and Clint blocked the street and Thor and Loki got ready to go in. Bruce was waiting a little more off for a code green if we needed it.

"Okay Team 1 goes in. Now" Steve called. Team 1 were Loki and Thor and I saw them walk into the building in normal clothing so nobody would expect anything. "I'm going up. Loki will secure the lobby" Thor confirmed. "We have movement in the back" Bucky's voice sounded in my ear and I immediately stuffed in my chair. Wanda was already on the edge to jump up and help but I held her in place. "Wait" I instructed. I felt her gaze on me but I stayed focused on the building.