Chapter 15

I opened my eyes and blinked at the rising sun shining through the window. Loki's chest lifted and fell with the deep pulling of his breath and he still seemed to be sleeping peacefully. His typical smell of leather and lime rose up to my nose and my lips turned to a small smile. Carefully, not to wake him, I turned my head so I could look at him. A few strands of his black curls fell in his face, and his facial features seemed so peaceful and relaxed that I would have liked to just cuddle up with him again. " You're staring", he nodded suddenly asleep and grined at me as he opened his eyes. „I- um. . . Sorry", I muttered, caught and felt the heat shoot into my cheeks. " Don't worry, it's sweet how you can't take your eyes off me", he said, smirking softly, and I slapped him on the arm. "Ouch," he protested with a laugh, earning a stern look in return.

"Loki, I don't know what to say about tonight. I'm sorry I just burst in, I cost you a lot of sleep", I said now seriously and lowered my gaze in shame. He gently lifted my head up on the chin and laid his head down with a smile. " You can always come to me. No matter what's bothering you", he assured me, and I shuddly whispered a thank you. " I should probably go before the others find out that I slept here and suspect anything else", I said shyly, and he nodded with a laughed nod. I'll see you at breakfast", he said goodbye as I slipped out the door and slipped into my room as quietly as possible so as not to wake anyone. It was only now that I realized what had actually happened. Oh, God, I spent the night with Loki! What the hell was I thinking? I had broken all my resolutions to keep him at bay and I was sure there was no going back.

When I went to the kitchen a moment later, all I saw was Thor sitting on one of the sofas in the living room. " Good morning little warrior," he greeted me cheerfully and I sat down with him. " You look like you got something on your mind. Is everything all right?," he added as I just smiled at him absently. " Yeah, sorry about that. I just have a few things on my mind," I replied and he raised his eyebrows with a grin. " Loki?," he wanted to know, and I stared at him in shock. " I saw you coming out of his room earlier when I got back from practice," he explained and I blushed. " We didn't- I mean we- Nothing happened," I stammered and he couldn't help laughing. " You seem to be getting closer," he said after regaining his composure. " Yes. He's very caring and there for me," I explained and a smile stole onto my lips. Thor nodded and eyed me briefly.

"You seem to be good for him. It's been a long time since I've seen my brother as open and happy as he's been since you got here,' he told me and I looked up in surprise. I had had no idea that I could have such a great influence on Loki. " May I give you some advice about him?," He asked and I nodded attentively. " Loki is someone who has been hurt many times and he is sensitive to that, even if he wouldn't admit it. Therefore, he reacts very extremely to beeing hurt and especially when he has the feeling of being betrayed or being second choice. He responds to this with anger and isolation, but deep down he doesn't want to be alone. So if he should push you away or suddenly treat you like that, please don't give up on him right away. I think you could make him happy again," Thor explained with a pain in his eyes that made me swallow hard. "I will do my best", I said softly, and he smiled at me sadly. „I know you will", he added quietly, squeezing my hand.

We started to make breakfast and the others joined us shortly afterwards. " Hey Alex, I'd like to try and block these mental attacks you can make. Would you practice this with me?" Steve wanted to know and shoveled a big bite of scrambled eggs into himself. " Sure. Anybody else want?" I asked in the round and Clint also came in. " I've been through the whole mind control thing. I would like to be prepared next time", he explained and looked closely at Loki, who only looked at his plate with absolute innocence. "I'd like to come too", he said, smiling at me across the table. „Great!" I still said and dedicated myself to my food again. My thoughts still revolved around the conversation with Thor. " I think you could make him happy again", his words echoed in my head and I forced myself to focus back on the conversation at the table.

When we were done the four of us made our way to the training room and I got comfortable sitting cross-legged on the mats. " Who wants to go first?," I asked, pointing across from me with a grin. Steve took a seat and looked at me, waiting. " Close your eyes and imagine a wall. Preferably from a room you know and feel safe and secure in. Visualize it very clearly and see in your mind's eye how it stands up to everything," I explained to him and he nodded and closed his eyes. I gave him some time before asking, "Ready?" He nodded again and I began to focus on his mind. I saw a light blue painted wall in front of me and visualized myself tearing it down. It didn't take me particularly long to stroll into the house behind it and knock out his eyesight. " Damn!," He muttered as I withdrew from his mind and I shrugged apologetically.

He stood up and made way for Clint, who, like Steve before closed his eyes. I patiently waited for his signal that he was ready and then began to enter. His wall was in a warm beige tone and slightly stronger than Steve's. But it wasn't long before I got in with him either. At last, Loki sat down in front of me and closed his eyes. With him, however, I did not have a clear picture of the wall in front of my eyes, as if he were inconclusive. I waited a little longer and finally I saw a dark green wall in front of me. But it only resisted the attack for a short time and when I withdrew from his mind, he just stared at the ground. " Loki?" I asked quietly and when he looked up to me his gaze was as impenetrable as if he had raised a shield. Without saying a word, he got up and left the training room. What the hell just happened?