Chapter 16

I exchanged a quick, confused look with Steve before running up the stairs behind Loki. He hurried out the door and I saw him standing next to the driveway on one of the trees. I gently approached him and looked at him with concern. " Loki?" I drew his attention to me. " Go away", he said, only his voice trembling, which made me come closer and put a hand gently on his shoulder. „No, I'm not leaving you. Talk to me", I asked him, and he drove to me with an angry expression, but tears sparkled in his eyes. „Didn't you hear me or are you just too stupid to understand? You to get the fuck away from me!" he yelled at me now in a cutting voice and hurt I staggered a step back. What had got into him? Everything was fine this morning. " Loki please". . . I continued but he only looked at me with contempt.

"Get. Away. From. Me", he said again slower, and something threatening resonated in his voice. Tears came to my eyes. What happened to the loving, caring man of tonight?" You're not doing well so I'll stay with you", I started one last desperate attempt, but he just laughed roughly. „Well, if you don't want to go, it's me", he said coolly and walked past me back into the building with fast steps. A tear came out of my corner of my eye but I quickly wiped it away. So Tony was right after all. You couldn't trust someone like Loki. His dark side would always stand in his way and take everything around him into the abyss. Stubbornly I raised my chin and went back inside. Luckily Loki had already disappeared and so I went downstairs, where Steve was waiting for me with a frown.

"What was going on?" he wanted to know but I just shruked indifferently with the shoulders. I tried to keep my expression as blunt as possible, but something seemed to betray me. " Alex?" he followed and looked me questioningly in the eyes. " I don't know. He just yelled at me and then left", I finally gave in with a sigh and Steve's expression became more and more thoughtful. " Do you want to continue training?" I finally changed the subject and was glad that he let himself fall to the ground in response to his old position. " It's bothering you", he continued the conversation, but I just shruked my shoulders again. „Come on, you don't have to hide anything from me, little one. He's important to you", he noted and I nodded. I told Steve the story of tonight and when I finished he smiled at me with a mixture of caring and sadness.

"Guys like him are the definition of trouble. Maybe it's better if you stay away from him," he advised and I lowered my eyes. " I told you about my fiancé, Liam," I began and he looked at me intently. " He wasn't always the good guy in the story, you know. He was an agent of Hydra. He was responsible for my training and well, in the six years I was trapped there, feelings developed. He was the one who made it possible for Bucky and me to escape. They locked him up after that too and after Tony was able to free me, I went back and got him. He thought he was doing the right thing there, helping the world. He changed, especially after we were free," I told him and Steve's eyes widened. " Tony told me the exact same thing then as you are saying now and I'm not saying Loki is like Liam but he is just like him not the bad guy. You just have to listen to his story too," I said and Steve just looked at me quietly.

"So you think Loki can change?" he finally asked and I nodded. " Everyone deserves a second chance. And the opportunity to tell your point of view. Who's the good and who's the bad in a story is mostly in perspective", I added, and a smile came from Steve's lips. „You're pretty smart for your age", he said, and I raised my eyebrows with a grin. „That's what a lot of older people are telling me the last couple of days", I returned, referring to my conversation with Loki during the time Steve was unconscious. „Older people? Come on, I'm not even 100", complained Steve and we both couldn't hold back our laughter. " To normal people, you're half a fossil", I stopped, and he looked at me offended. His grin, however, showed that he took the whole thing with humor.

"But for an older person, I could really beat you up", he said, challengingly. " Wanna try me?", I asked, and he got up in answer and went into combat with a little lair. I didn't even have to get up to win. I simply penetrated his head and after he couldn " t see anymore and was completely disoriented, a small push was enough to get him back to the ground. " Unfair", he complained and I shruffed with my shoulders laughing. Steve had once again managed to make my day a lot better and so I stayed in his company for a while and we joking in the training room for a few hours and had one or another training fight.