Chapter 26

After we both finished Loki rested his head on my shoulder while we both tried to catch our breath. Eventually he rolled off of me though and pulled a blanket over us. I turned on my side and out eyes met while he smiled at me softly and brushed a sweaty strand of my hair out of my face. "Are you okay?", he wanted to know and scanned my face with his gaze. He knew that Liam would always be a part of me and this wasn't the easiest step to take for me but I was more than glad that I made it with him. And that's exactly what I told him now.

His smile widened and he pulled me close to him as I wrapped my arms around him. I felt him gently kissing the top of my head and burried my face in his chest. He played with my hair while I drew circles on his back with my fingers and that's how we layed there for almost half an hour. We didn't talk much, there was no need for that. "How about we both take a shower and then we get some breakfast?", I wanted to know after some time and he nodded.

I got my clothes from the floor and put them on quickly before I snuck back into my own room. I undressed again and turned on the hot water in the shower. I rested my hand on the sink and looked into the mirror. I look exactly the same like yesterday, well a more exhausted for sure but still. I felt like a whole other person though. Don't get my wrong, I don't want to sound like the biggest cliché. But having this moment with Loki left me feeling like a heavy weight I didn't knew I carried around fell off of me.

And for the first time in a felt eternity Liam's death was not in my head. In my heart for sure. It will always be a wound that will never fully heal but here I was, knowing that I would be okay. That I didn't betray Liam. He would want me to be happy. And after I finally realized this I could breath more free. And I could accept that I fell in love again.

I took my time with getting ready this time, enjoying the peace of this morning before I went down to the kitchen. I wasn't even in the room when I already heard the team chatting in there and a smile came to my lips. In there was my family. Wow, a lot emotional realizations today. I laughed softly at that thought and went into the kitchen.

Loki found me with his eyes immediately and he tilted his head a bit to the side as he watched me getting a cup of coffee. „Good morning darling", he said when I went over to him like we didn't spend the night together. I tried to hide the big smile and the blush that shot into my cheeks with letting my hair drop in front of my face like a curtain. „Morning," I murmured, catching up on his play.

he slid his fingers underneath my chin lifting it up so he could look at me. With raised eyebrows and a smirk he noticed that I was a little embarrassed. „No need to be shy," he said and leaning closer to my ear so only I could hear him he added: „You weren't tonight either." Okay that really didn't help with my bright red face and I hit him in the side with my elbow which only made him laugh.

His hand rested on my lower back and he pulled me closer to him to give me a kiss on the top of my head to bring up a truce but I promised myself that he would get that back as soon as we were alone. „Guys listen up!", Tony pulled me back from my very pictorial thoughts. „We got the information that our dear friend Rumlow is in New York. Our informant says he will be in a club this evening so get prepared for a mission tonight. I finally want to get that bastard," he explained.

I exchanged a look with Bucky. Rumlow was a high ranked member at Hydra when we were there and he never got along with us well. He always had in suspect that I was the one pulling Bucky back from the brainwashing but Pierce would've never believed him. He was to arrogant to even think about the possibility that even after decades of experiments there was a lack in his calculations. They all were.

A shiver ran down my back and I felt Loki's hand grabbing my waist tightly. He was tensed, I could feel that. We had more to lose now. We had weak spots. We had each other...