the girlfriend

A slight brush of her hands with Lalisa Manoban got Jennie Kim smiling while making her coffee in the kitchen, while the other girl, the culprit that caused that gummy smile, was playing it cool as she went straight to the fridge.

Well, at least they tried.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung exchanged glances right after witnessing it, which they've been witnessing for more than a week now. Those not so subtle smiles and touches Jennie and Lisa shares, pretending to be lowkey when in fact, as far as the other two are concerned, it's very far from that.

"Why don't you just make out right here in this table," Jisoo comments in amusement in the middle of breakfast, when the two were eye fucking right beside her and Chaeng. She moves her plate aside and taps the table, earning a glare from Jennie, a sly smile from Lisa and a blush from Rosé.

She wonders when the two will be comfortable enough to show more affection with her and Chaeng around, though it makes her happy to know that the two are actually getting there. Not literally happy, of course, as she'd like to keep the life of adults hidden from her world where she tries to maintain its innocence, but she wants nothing but her friends to feel safe and comfortable around.

She knows it's only a matter of time, though. Everyday the two are getting bolder, and the reason behind it, she sees that both of them are just as whipped as the other.

"You need to get laid," Lisa whispers to her with a cackle, though all of them heard it.

Jisoo hissed, "Shut up. You wouldn't get laid for a few weeks, and even on New Year's, that means for the whole 2020 you won't be laid."

"Yah! That's not real!" Lisa answers back like a kid whining.

"Hah!" Jisoo stuck her tongue out, as if they're bantering like kids when they're actually pertaining to adult stuff, and that just made Chaeng and Jennie sigh.

"I bought your parents presents, don't forget to bring them to Thailand," Jennie reminds the Thai, who's going home to Thailand a few days after Christmas. They'll be very busy despite the holidays, though, and will be meeting in Japan the next year for the tour.

"Me too," Jisoo and Chaeng answers at the same time.

Jennie looked at them with a pout.

"Trying to impress, aren't you, Unnie?" Chaeng smirks.

"Well, we give them gifts every year so it'll be rude to skip the tradition this year just so you can earn their hearts the way you caught their daughter's," Jisoo teased.

"She doesn't need to do that, though. My parents already love her," Lisa answers with a wide smile while glancing at Jennie, who then returned her smile.

"Of course they do. You only talk about Jennie ever since we were trainees, you whipped ass," Jisoo accuses her with a fork, and that, Lisa couldn't deny. She's always been whipped for the Jennie Kim.

-

Merry Christmas, Nini!

That one text, Lisa didn't have to see but she accidentally did. It was from EXO Kai.

Jennie quickly typed a reply, not realizing Lisa's change of mood beside her on the bed.

Nini? Psh.

"So where were we again?" Jennie sets back the phone on the table to turn to her once again, her eyes lighting up, "Oh, yeah. I'm thinking when you get back from China next year-"