the one with Lisa's birthday pt1

"Yes Mom, I love you too and thank you. I'll see you next week," Lisa says happily though a bit sleepy.

It's already past 12 midnight and she just finished talking to her parents.

Even her phone is full of notifications already and it's only been a few minutes since her birthday started.

"Happy birthday Mommy," Jisoo said in what should be a cat's voice while moving Leo's arms and hiding her face behind him.

Unlike Leo who looked annoyed, it made Lisa laugh, shaking her head, "Leave my baby alone, Unnie."

"I can't choose which picture to post!" Chaeyoung grunts, as if in a dilemma while scrolling on her phone's gallery since half an hour ago. Finally, she sets down her phone as if she's finally made up her mind, "I can't do this. I'll just pick one later, I still have more than 23 hours to decide anyways."

"Wow that's a tough problem Chaeng," Jisoo teases, still playing with the annoyed Leo but is weirdly behaving as if he knew it's his mom's birthday and didn't want to cause trouble.

Chaeyoung puffs out some air with pouty lips, "Should we sleep early so we can celebrate Lisa's birthday tomorrow or sleep late to celebrate it now?"

Both she and Jisoo turned to look at Lisa, who's busy refreshing her phone to look for a certain birthday greeting.

Lisa then lifts her eyes to them, blinking, "Huh? Oh, it's up to you guys. You two already cleared your schedule in the morning for me and now you came here to spend the night at my place, I couldn't be any more thankful."

"I'll walk out right now if you cry," Jisoo warns jokingly.

"Aww, of course we'd be here for you," Chaeng walks up to Lisa to wrap the younger girl in her arms, who is now technically the same age as her.

Lisa knew it, especially since she's the one whose family isn't always with her, just like her birthday this year. Her parents promised they'd fly to Korea next week though, because this week her father is out of the country too. Besides, it's not like she didn't meet them a week ago when she had a schedule in Thailand.

And it's not like her members are always free, but she knows they really try to be there whenever she needs them, especially on occasions like this.

She just wished they were complete, but knew Jennie's still working at this late hour and knowing how difficult to get rid of these schedules as she's full of it herself, Lisa understands... though she misses the brunette who she hasn't seen much for the past week.

Stop thinking about her Lisa.

Lisa puts her hands on Chaeng's arms, swaying along with the Australian, "Have I told you I love you guys?"

"Me too, mate."

Jisoo snorted, "You know I love you more though I wouldn't say it often."

"Really? Can you record yourself for me while saying it?" Lisa's lips curls up devilishly.

"Nope, not a chance."

"Unnie—" Lisa was about to ask for it as a birthday present when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," the celebrant says, going straight to the door.

When she checked who it was, her heart started racing rapidly as she opened the door for the person she didn't think would make it tonight.

The said person with brown wavy hair, disheveled and with trickles of sweat on the side of her face while panting heavily carries a box of cake and a paper bag hanging on her right arm.