the party

A/N: I'll be really busy again so this is where the constant updates end, so I can't guarantee when will be the next one. Meanwhile, Rosé debut tomorrow! Let's focus on our girl and make sure she receives our all out support! :)

-

Jennie, licking her lips in anxiety, looked up to see that she's almost on Lisa's floor.

Either two things could happen tonight. Either they make up, or they make out. The latter wasn't a healthy one, she knows this.

But with the first option, although talking through their problem seem to be a good idea, she was almost sure they would finally draw the line if they do.

There was no way both things would happen tonight. Getting back together is not something they can just choose to happen.

Taking a deep breath, she steps out of the elevator and rings the doorbell with her fingers trembling.

The door went open in just a few seconds, revealing the Thai in nothing but her white robe and a straight face.

"Hey," Jennie greets, her throat dried up.

"Uh, hi..." Lisa visibly swallows hard.

Looking back inside the apartment quickly, Lisa then stared back at Jennie, closing the door behind them, "Listen, can you come over some other time?"

"Is there a problem?" Jennie asks, more curious than disappointed.

"None, at least for me. I... Well, Joohyun unnie is inside."

Irene. Irene?

"Oh, was I interrupting something?" she asks, trying to hide the bitterness in her words.

Lisa seems to caught it up, though, and frowned, "I hope you don't mind but it's none of your business, Jennie. Not anymore."

That caught Jennie off guard. It was the truth, although she wished it wasn't. And Lisa being blatantly honest and rude with her might be too much, but she blames herself for it. If she wasn't just selfish in the first place... maybe they wouldn't have gone through all this mess.

"You're right," Jennie's confidence faltered, but she tried to mask it with an emotionless face. "I don't think it's a good idea to come over in the first place anyways."

Lisa opened her mouth, as if to say something but suddenly decided to just keep it to herself, shutting tight her lips and only nodding slightly.

Turning her back on the Thai, Jennie finally let the corner of her lips fall as she slowly walked away, her heart feeling more shattered with each step she takes away from Lisa, who just let her leave like that.

-

Three days have passed and they haven't met since then. They were filled with solo activities and the group ones is only set to start next week, to prepare again for the release of the full album this time and their title track.

Jennie's wearing a black tube dress, Chanel of course, with high heels on. It was her mom's birthday and they invited some selected few people to their mansion, including Jennie's members and their family of course.

Jennie even saw some well known director and producers that her mom are friends with.

Kuku was following her around as she entertained some guests. Jisoo, Rosé and Chahee are all chatting in one corner while Jisoo's parents with Chaeyoung's mom are sitting in one table with some people from YG.