the spontaneity

A/N: to the one i owe, ito na yung utang kong update hmp

:)

-

jichu: jennie ruby jane where did u hide her

rosie: this isnt funny unnie!!! :( where's lisa

rosie: i haven't greeted her in person yet! liliii happy birthday u kno i love u so much it hurts right?

jichu: oh pls chaeng i'm outside lisa's apartment, i know you're not coming to meet lisa because you're at your favorite Crazy unnie's place

jichu: tell jung lee i miss her

rosie: you're my favorite crazy unnie ;)

Nini: I'm so close to muting this group chat

jichu: JENDEUK

rosie: UNNI WHERE ARE YOU ARE U SURE U GOT AWAY FROM OUR MANAGERS

jichu: they're asking me where you two are so for sure they don't know

rosie: damn jen r u a ninja or what

Nini: Tell them we'll be back in the afternoon and we're alright. ttyl bye.

jichu: psh

rosie: k.

Nini: lili said thanks for the greetings

jichu: at least tell her to reply on my messages or call back!

Nini: Later.

-

"What did they say?"

Jennie raises her gaze to the birthday celebrant sitting on the picnic blanket beside her, those doe eyes looking a lot livelier today than usual.

Slipping her phone back inside her sweatpants' pocket, Jennie grinned. "They're complaining that I took you away when it's your birthday, of course."

They're sitting on a blanket in the middle of a small hill, surrounded by yellow lilies. In front of them are two baskets prepared by Jennie containing sandwiches, fruits and some drinks.

They're both just wearing sweatpants and warm hoodies. It actually surprised Lisa that Jennie showed up early in the morning and demanded that they see the sunrise together, as if the latter wasn't missing for days.

"You know you haven't greeted me yet," Lisa pouts, though she obviously didn't mind. Jennie doing all these, bringing her here this early in the morning is already enough. Being with Jennie is the best way to start her birthday.

The Korean smiled sweetly at her. "Happy birthday, Lili."

Lisa snorted, placing a hand on top of her chest to try and calm her raging heart a little.

"Well that was easy," Lisa rolls her eyes playfully, then grinned. "Maybe that will do. You always prepare so much on my birthday. Do you know how perfect you are, Jennie Kim?"

The smile on the other girl's lips tightened, feeling suddenly tensed with the way Lisa's staring at her.

"Please," she waves her hand dismissively, mumbling, "This was nothing compared to what I usually do for others."