Chapter 19

Tony and Bruce had limited time if Clint and Anya came back sooner than expected. With J.A.R.V.I.S.'s assistance, the two made the needed changes to configure the AI to the mainframe of the android. However, they ran into a few hiccups here and there in their rush, some of the tests failing in the process.

On the lower level beneath the lab, Clint and Anya holed themselves up among the computer servers. The boost to the system expanded their search well beyond their capabilities on the quinjet. They possessed all forms of toys at their fingertips in order to find their missing friend. Each item though turned up another dead end. Anya sighed in annoyance, raking her fingers through the hair. The two of them were running out of options.

A clicking noise picked up in the headset she wore, pausing for a moment. She figured it was static from a feed. However, it didn't go away after a few seconds and seemed to not be so random.

"Clint..." she mused. The young woman held the headphone tighter against an ear just to be certain before passing it over for him to listen in. "If I didn't know any better... that's Morse Code."

"It's a message," he agreed.

"More up your alley of expertise."

"How did you find it?"

"It kind of found me. I was fiddling with this old radio box I pulled up from Tony's storage. Since our high-tech gadgets weren't working, I went retro."

"Good call." He listened closely and reached for a pad of paper and pen.

"What's she saying?"

"Coordinates," he answered.

His fingers flew across the keyboard pulling up a map. The written numbers honed in on an area they knew well. Ultron returned to the castle in Sokovia. Strucker's old hideout.

Bruce was stressed, looking at the formula on screen. They were taking way too long to complete this.

"This frame is not compatible," Tony pointed out. Which added another thing to their list of problems.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%," the scientist relayed. "You have to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."

However, before the two were able to continue they realized they were no longer alone.

"I'm gonna say this once," Steve spoke tensely.

He wasn't pleased in the slightest, glaring at the billionaire. How could they attempt it all again? The super soldier came armed with two familiar faces that had the men on high alert. Wanda and Pietro stood in their lab watching the Cradle carefully and with unease.

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony shot back.

"Shut it down!"

The shouting from the lab made Anya's head pick up.

"This should be it," the archer said. "Let's share with–"

The young woman held up a hand, silencing him while she touched an ear. Now he could hear the raised voices. Something wasn't right. Without needing to say a word the two separated to investigate.

Tony pretended to think about Steve's order for a moment before opting with, "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing," the super soldier shouted.

"And you do?" Bruce questioned. He motioned towards the female Enhancement, adding, "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry," Wanda spoke.

The scientist refused to listen to what she had to say. "No, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

For Bruce to physically express anger was rare and she smartly stayed back.