Chapter 33

Anya stood excitedly beside the Asgardian on the porch. The couple watched a SUV make its way down the long driveway from the main road. When it grew close enough to see the front seat occupants, the agent waved in greeting. The gesture was returned along with wide grins of their own. Clint parked the car behind the truck before everyone began to pile out.

"I'm so happy you're all here," Anya said. She embraced Natasha's side, while the assassin wrapped an arm around the agent's shoulders.

"When you gave us the coordinates to your location this is not what we were expecting," the redhead commented. "This is... wow."

"Beautiful, huh?"

"More than that," Clint said. He assisted Lila out. "I thought we had a prime view, but this is like a postcard."

"It's one of the reasons I scooped up this place when it was on the market." Thor helped the archer carry in the luggage from the trunk. "So? Where's the newest member to the Barton Clan?"

"Right here," Laura spoke up.

She held an infant car seat when the females hugged one another. Nathaniel looked absolutely adorable. From his onesie sporting a bow tie and suspenders attached to the 'pants', to the small cap on his head and the brown tuft of hair that peaked out underneath. He still had his baby fat from how round his cheeks were. Which became even more prominent in his relaxed state.

"He fell asleep halfway here."

"So cute," Anya cooed. "I can't wait to see him when he wakes up. I already have the guest room ready." Suddenly, a weight latched onto Anya's side, looking down to find Lila grinning up at her. Her front tooth was missing now. "Hello, Lila, how was the trip?"

"Looooong," she answered. "But I was excited to see you, Aunt Anya."

The young woman cocked a brow at the name, before looking at Laura in a questioning manner. "Aunt Anya?"

"She started calling you that after the team left," the woman said. "I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all." With the car cleared, the agent lifted Lila onto a hip and the group made their way inside. "Guest room is upstairs and to the left. Natasha, you will be on the pull out with Lila, and if Cooper wants his own bed, we have a blow-up mattress for the living room as well."

Everyone unpacked and settled in easily. Lila splayed out her crayons and coloring book on the table, her stuffed bunny rabbit sharing the chair. Cooper engrossed himself in a portable video game against Natasha in the living room. When Nathaniel woke up from his nap, Anya became enamored by the baby. He acted a bit pouty at first, but quickly became amused by the faces and words the young woman directed his way. Even Laura laughed and offered him up for the agent to hold. Thor knew that she'd be distracted now after he cracked open a beer alongside Clint. Which is why the god took it upon himself to fire up the grill for dinner.

"You promise he won't burn down the house?" the archer wondered.

"Thor is more than capable of making dinner now," Anya reassured. "He's learned a lot since making Earth a second home. Though in the beginning I had to watch him carefully."

"The microwave was a problem at first," the Asgardian admitted.

"But since Asgard enjoys feasts, the grill is more of his wheelhouse."

Nathaniel gurgled, making bubbles in the process. Anya grinned and rubbed her nose against his. He laughed loudly, making grabby hands at her cheeks.

"Aunt Nat!" Cooper whined from the living room. Obviously, he lost the match.