Chapter 24

Thor couldn't remove the grip Ultron had on him. The android twisted them through the air so quickly Mjolnir didn't have a chance to come around at any point to knock the enemy away. The god felt like a ragdoll. Despite the situation, his thoughts were on Anya. With this newfound information that she was capable of utilizing his weapon the henchmen would try to take her out now more than ever. She was in danger when Ultron changed their trajectory. The Asgardian went crashing through the stone roof that remained to the church. He landed roughly against the floor, a dust cloud obscuring his vision. His head shook to be rid of the hard hit, but he found no time to recover. A metal fist made contact against a cheek. The attack became mirrored on the other side of his face to keep him dazed as Ultron beat him mercilessly. It caused Mjolnir to fall from the god's grasp.

In the courtyard, a fist covered in dark matter embedded into the gut of a henchman. Completely wrecking the internal components before Anya tore out the contents.

"Remind me not to make you angry," Natasha spoke just off to the side.

The sight of the Aether shocked the assassin. It's hostile nature towards the enemy. But now wasn't the time to find answers. Natasha just knew to roll with it since whatever this thing was seemed to be on their side. The dark matter even watched her back.

"I still think you could take me, no problem," the young woman commented.

"Doubtful."

"Did you see where Ultron took Thor?"

"Unfortunately, no." And there'd been no answer from the god over the earpiece.

Cursing under her breath, the young woman took out another handful of robots and tore them to shreds with the swipe of both arms. Movement off to the side made her briefly notice that the police were gathering together. Now that most of the unstable building evacuations were completed, they were able to defend their trapped civilians continuing to hide out in the lower levels of the surrounding homes and businesses. Gunfire filled the air, felling every robot that attempted to advance. Unfortunately, Ultron's henchmen turned their attention on law enforcement. Very easily they'd become overrun from the enemies enhanced weaponry. A gust of air passed both agents before Wanda suddenly appeared, taking a hold of five henchmen and crushing them into a ball of metal. When Pietro became visible for a moment to let her down the police captain took notice of their arrival only a few feet in front of their manmade line.

"Hold your fire!" the man shouted.

But it was too late. A bullet grazed the Enhancement's arm from the defensive gunfire. Everything in the immediate area halted as the young man paused to look at the rip in his suit. Blood dripped from the wound, though it didn't appear life threatening. It did sting something terrible though. He looked at the guilty officer and gave him a look before dodging another attack.

"Romanoff!"

The shout caused the assassin to duck when a familiar shield came sailing through the air overhead. The weapon made contact with a robot that tried to sneak up behind her. She whirled on the heel of a boot in order to shove the shield completely through.

"Thanks!" she called back to the super soldier.

Ripping it out, Natasha took the item to defend against another enemy. Only it wasn't a threat for long due to the sharp blade of dark matter that took off the head, while another took out the legs.

"You as well," the agent breathed.

Anya gave a mock salute.

Tony struggled to get anywhere. Not in regards to the extermination of Ultron's henchmen, but in finding a solution that they desperately needed to lower the city safely. The slab began to reach the cloud coverage and started to obscure their vision of Earth far below.