Chapter 3

Tony continued to fly around the fortress avoiding the laser beams, while the helmet scanned the structure further. With the shield finally down, he needed the quickest access point inside to not further complicate things. Finally, he found a perfect window of opportunity. He broke through the glass to the control room filled by HYDRA agents and quickly they turned their normal guns on the billionaire to open fire. They were relentless. Scientists immediately began to run about the space for cover or tried to escape upon seeing the Iron Man. However, Tony hovered midair unfazed by the attack as the bullets bounced off the metal plating. A few even ricocheted back at the men below.

"Guys, stop," Tony spoke in an unconcerning manner. "We gotta talk this through."

Panels began shifting on the suit around the arms and shoulders revealing the miniature guns hidden underneath. They fired targeted bullets at every individual, killing some and incapacitating others causing them to wither on the ground in pain.

"Good talk."

"No, it wasn't," a man groaned, clutching a bleeding knee.

The suit landed to search the room for information. An open area was discovered off to the side filled with multiple wires hooked up to various technologically advanced computers. The sight just proved HYDRA held a wealth of information on them. And a man furiously worked at the keyboard. Obviously, he appeared nervous, anxious even from the way he watched the screen intently. Tony didn't need his suit to identify who it was. Doctor List was a prime figurehead of HYDRA and a lead scientist.

He once worked for S.H.I.E.L.D., but broke all ties when the organization wreaked havoc on their base in D.C. This whole time he worked as Strucker's right hand man and headed all the experiments that took place in their various facilities. And he was currently attempting to delete all of their files to avoid discovery of the plans they had for their future. Tony couldn't allow that, stepping further into the room gaining his attention. Surprised that the billionaire arrived so quickly he tried to speed up the process when a blast shot out of the suit's palm throwing the scientist backwards. It killed him instantly. Now alone, the Iron Man suit opened at the front allowing the man to exit before mending itself back together.

"Sentry mode," the billionaire ordered.

The suit was on alert, arm extended and ready to attack anything that possessed a threat.

"Okay, J.A.R.V.I.S., you know the drill."

He pulled a handheld drive from a pocket and slipped it into the computer. The item halted the loading bar of the deleting files and began to download the contents instead.

"I want it all. Make sure you copy Hill at HQ."

Outside the walls of the castle, the guards and agents of HYDRA that remained were being rounded up and brought into custody by undercover S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. All surrendered from the sight of the backup that rolled in to support the Avengers.

"We're locked down out here," Natasha relayed over the earpiece.

"Then get to Banner," Steve said. The Captain arrived at the broken-down entrance to the castle to assist Tony inside. "It's time for a lullaby."

Without further convincing the woman went off in search of the green giant. Anya watched her go without hesitation. It was almost surprising really. In the past it took a lot for the assassin to gain the courage to approach the sometimes-unstable scientist. They had come a long way in the last few months and even developed a solution on how to easily bring back Bruce from the Hulk. Without using force to subdue him. If Natasha could get close, that is. Sometimes the other guy acted stubborn and didn't want to retreat just yet. Those days took a lot more convincing and patience.