Chapter 7

The party lasted well into the early hours of the morning. Eventually, guests began to slowly leave. Some sobered up a bit, and others stumbled out feeling the buzz on the brain. As they said their goodbyes, the only ones left were those that actually lived in the tower along with James and Dr. Cho. Tony offered guest rooms for them to stay the night. But none were rushing off to bed. Not even Bruce, who willingly joined the team around the couches. It came as no surprise to Anya that he sat near Natasha. Steve continued to sip at a beer, the serum in his body warding off the buzz one would get from alcohol. The Asgardian drink Thor shared with him actually ended up giving him a slightly giddy feeling. He'd never felt that since his friend, Bucky, offered him a drink in their youth before enlisting in the army.

The god and Captain finished off the flask together throughout the night, but obviously the effects were wearing off now. Thor sat beside Anya, who nestled into his side comfortably. She kicked off the heels to further relax. Clint and James sat on the floor, talking to Maria. And Tony conversed with Helen about her latest medical advances. And somehow, through everyone's various conversations, and the few stories that brought them together to reminisce about past missions, their attention came to Thor's weapon of choice.

Mjolnir sat on the table. Had been most of the night after showing it off to the veterans when they expressed interest in the item. It sat out all night, but he wasn't worried about leaving it alone. After all, only the god was capable of picking it up.

"It's a trick," Clint stated. He had consumed his fair share of drinks, the archer motioning towards the weapon.

"No, no it's much more than that," Thor chuckled.

"'Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power'," the archer spoke in an announcer tone. Everyone laughed. "Whatever, man! It's a trick!"

The Asgardian motioned towards Mjolnir to gladly offer it up. To prove them wrong. "Please, be my guest," he said.

Clint expressed some hesitance based on the smirk Anya sent him.

However, Tony egged him on naturally to give it a try, "Come on," and the agent stood.

Clint sent the empty beer bottle on the table, approaching the weapon. He stared at the handle for a moment before looking to Thor to confirm if he was okay with this.

"Really?" the archer asked.

Thor waved him on. All eyes were now on Clint. He rubbed his hands together in preparation.

"Oh, this is going to be beautiful," James muttered.

"Clint, you've had a tough week," Tony pointed out. "We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up."

Laughter filled the room from the jibe. The archer rolled his eyes and gripped the handle tightly.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint pointed out to the god.

With a sharp tug and a grunt, the man began to pull. However, it didn't budge. When nothing happened, he gave up, chuckling.

"I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony teased.

Moving to the side, Clint presented Mjolnir to the billionaire to offer it up. "Please, Stark, by all means."

He didn't expect to be put on the spot. But not to be proven wrong, the man cleared his throat and stood. The group watched in amusement at the fact that the tables turned.

"Oh," Maria teased.

"Oh man," James added with a smirk.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge," Tony shrugged. As if it were no big deal.