-ˋˏ✎˚✩ TWENTY THREE ✩˚ˎˊ-

➳❥ Babygirl

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈╮
Comfort...
╰┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

➳༻❀ Author's POV ❀༺➳

Y/n wakes up in a cold sweat.

She shoots up in bed with a gasp, her mind clouded with a foggy feeling of panic and anxiety as she struggles to breathe.

'That dream-' Y/n's heart squeezes. 'It's so awful...'

For the past few nights now, Y/n has had a reoccurring nightmare about her ex, Soobin.

Over and over again she's reliving the exact moment she realized she wasn't enough for the love of her life.

It hurts worse and worse every time, and slowly, the amount of panic it causes her to experience when she wakes up has increased.

She knows exactly what she has to do to calm down, although, as she pants and looks around her darkened room through teary eyes, she can't help but give the thought some reconsideration.

'This would be the third time this week...' She realizes. 'Surely it's not a good idea...I should just try to go back to sleep...'

Sniffling, Y/n leans forward and rests her face in her palms.

Her entire body is shaking.

She closes her eyes for a moment, still breathing at an abnormal pace as memories of the nightmare play over in her head non-stop.

-The Dream-

Crying, Y/n rests her knees against the floor and hugs her now ex boyfriend's legs tight.

"P-please don't make this goodbye." She sniffles, her tears beginning to wet the pant legs of troubled Soobin.

The lanky boy sighs, leaning down and giving his high school sweetheart one last sympathetic head pat.

"I'm sorry," he breathes out, something about the mere two words making Y/n's entire world shatter. "but I've found real love. My soulmate, she's who I'm supposed to be with. Not you. This was all merely a distraction. You know that..."

He's right, Y/n knows that good and well. She aware that her small semi-relationship with her high school best friend was always meant to be temporary.

They agreed on this the day they graduated, that they'd stick by each others sides as stand-in romantic partners until they each found their soulmates.

It was their ways of both saving themselves for their future mates while also keeping each other from dying of loneliness...

That's one of the reasons they never took anything touch-related farther than some cuddling here and there.

Because they both knew they weren't meant for each other...

"It still hurts though..." Y/n says, her pained eyes and flattened ears slightly softening Soobin's heart. "I wish I could've been enough for you..."