Chapter 22: Someone Else Might Have...

A long green-haired beauty sat with a serious face on the long chair, the shade of his silky hair was akin to the color of jade. His long ears that were something unique to elves like him twitched slightly as he heard footsteps coming closer to the door of the room. Behind his metal-framed glasses, he had blue eyes with long eyelashes that swept over them as he looked downwards. He was a beauty in every sense of the word and still had some boyish features to him due to his age.

He bore the name Luc, given to him by his mother. After he had decided he would take over the magic tower, he was cast away by his village and lost the rights to use the last name the elves in the village shared.

This was because elves were known for their beauty and magic prowess. However, they were people that did not venture outside of their forest much and kept to themselves. They were mysterious people.

However, people from the tower of magic ventured into their forest one day. Through the magic of the foggy forest, they were able to arrive at Luc's village after dispelling it. They weren't welcome, but the elves were not too openly hostile as they always held an air of grace and elegance.

They then found Luc, who was a child at the time. He was special even among the elves, as he was a genius when it came to magic.

The elves forbade him from leaving with them though, keeping to their policy of isolation and secrecy. They didn't want any of their secrets to be exposed, nor did they want to draw attention to themselves. However, Luc went against his village and even his own mother, which caused him to be disowned by his village.

This didn't discourage him though, and he soon became well known across the land and even became the heir to the tower of magic. Not only that, under the alias 'Lu,' he became a powerhouse in the business world too.

However, the current renowned magician and businessman had a serious expression on him as he saw a hooded man walk into the room. He couldn't see what he looked like under the hood but could see traces of their hair that had a scarlet hue.

He identified this person as 'Sigil' according to the information he received.

Not knowing this person's true intentions, he was wary of him. What reason could he have for acquiring so many Telium stones, and even the Nezzalorne mines? This person by the name of Sigil has slowly been rising in the business society this past year, but he had only caught Luc's attention due to this Telium stone incident.

However, his renown was already getting some talk as he was able to predict market trends extremely well and build partnerships with major companies pretty quickly, despite emerging out of nowhere. It also seems like he's working on a new innovation of sorts, but still remained in secrecy about it.

Looking closely at his every step as the hooded man sat down, he tried to analyze everything he could about him. He kept a smile on his face as he did so, as to not reveal his true intentions.

"Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time out of the day to meet me. I assume you're Sigil?"

The hooded man remained silent for a moment before nodding, which intrigued Luc.

However, some silence between them preceded afterward, so he could only clear his throat as he started to explain why he was there. He had a feeling small talk wasn't going to work in this conversation.

"I had asked for this meeting today because I would like to inquire you about your reasons for requesting a large amount of Telium stones?"

After a few seconds, the hooded man finally spoke. What surprised Luc was the fact that he had a boyish voice, not belonging to an adult. He smiled as he thought of how interesting this person was.