Chapter 38: The Inevitable

Standing in the silent courtyard by himself, the bespectacled green-haired man's long ears twitched, as he tried to make sense of what he saw.

He didn't think it was possible.

For him to be here...

Although he was confused at first, Luc was an intelligent man. Elves are naturally smarter than average, but he was still a league higher than them.

Piecing together all the events that happened, he was able to quickly draw to one conclusion.

Riven's master was the heir to the Deianira Dukedom, Virgil Deianira.

Luc's, or rather Lu's, business partner, Sigil, has always been a mysterious and reclusive individual.

He and others had already come up with many theories on who was behind Sigil. Some have said that he may not even be one person, that it's a group of people working together. Other's believes that he may be disfigured, too old, or even disabled. Which would've prevented him from showing himself if he cared for his image. There were even some rumors that he may have been a woman, using a man's identity to get a foothold on the industry first.

Many rumors like these were circulated around the business empire.

There were only a few things known about Sigil.

One, they were a shrewd businessman, who was willing to take risks and expand rapidly.

Two, they had many innovative ideas that shook the market.

Three, they would only communicate with Lu, the biggest powerhouse in the business world.

However, even the fabled Lu has never seen the man in question.

The only person he's ever been in contact with is a man named Riven.

Conversely, it was easy to figure out who Sigil was, after meeting Riven in the courtyard.

Standing next to Virgil, he was the servant of the boy. Since Riven is the servant of Sigil, it is only right to assume that Virgil was Sigil.

However, the thought of that made Luc smile a little more slyly.

Although it is just as likely that Riven may serve two masters, the idea that Virgil could've been the one behind Sigil was much more amusing and interesting.

"Not to mention... since he should be 17 around this time and I met Sigil 10 years ago..."

'He would've only been seven years old when we met.'

Realizing the idea that there could be a genius that even surpassed him, he couldn't help but smile more cunningly.

He thought becoming headmaster of the school would be boring, but it seems that things will become much more interesting now.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Thank god I escaped that landmine!

I just gotta avoid that guy for a while.

I AM NOT READY TO REVEAL MY IDENTITY YET.

Also, I was kind of talking super informally to him, by pretending I was older than him, and I'm kind of scared of being called out for that...

Anyway, we gathered at the large auditorium at the school.

This is where the entrance ceremony begins.

The students sit in their designated areas, according to school year. I waved goodbye to Violet and Cyril, as I headed over to the second year area.

Sitting down, I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing I'll have a moment of peace, since the entrance ceremony is usually boring as fuck.