Chapter 1: This is a Scam

Fuck.

Shit. Fuck fuck. Why.

I think I'm going to cry.

Even though I'm thinking this, I keep a straight and emotionless face.

Looking back at me is a small girl with dark black hair that had a violet shade to it. Her hair had small braids on the side, that hid behind her fringe. She had long black hair that was curled with ringlets at the ends. Her bangs were neatly cut and with her side bangs/fringe, it framed her face cutely. Her eyes were a dark ruby red and felt as if she had jewels in her eyes. She was in a dark purple silk dress, laced with frills and small bows. She had eyes of curiosity but still held a prideful glare as she looked at me. She looked to be about 5 years old, but she seemed to look smarter than most teenagers. Almost all of her childish wonder one would have at that age seemed to be hidden behind a villainess-like smile.

I know this look anywhere.

This is the villainess from the otome game my sister fucking played for 30 days straight on end for god knows how long!

The cgs and voice acting still haunt me to this day...

I got a big tv in my room a few months before the incident with my own money from my job. I wanted to be like the big boys and watch tv while laying on my bed. I lived by myself since I started going to college, so I didn't have to listen to my parents nag at me anymore.

However, I made the most single mistake that I would regret to this day...

I bragged to my older sister about it, completely forgetting the fact that she's an avid otome game fan, who keeps it a secret from our parents.

So, as a sad turn of events, she often barged into my apartment just to hog my tv and play whatever game she was obsessing over that day.

One game that she couldn't seem to stop talking about, or playing for that matter, was the game "Rose's Court of Fortune"

It was just the stereotypical otome game in my opinion. A commoner girl gets admission to the prestigious magic school, Callione, and meets four to five capture targets to romance.

However, every time I tried to tell this to my sister, she starts a 2 hour long rant about how Rose's Court was different or some bullshit like that. Then she proceeds to throw a pillow at my face and play the game throughout the night. At some point, it just seemed like she was living with me because whenever she came off of work, she would go straight to the tv and put the game in. I swear to god that she's completed the game 5 times already before I stopped counting.

My sister was always a completionist who had to get all of the endings and every hidden ending or extra cg, even if it meant playing it for who knows how many times. So, I praised and rejoiced when the 100% complete icon appeared on the game menu screen. My final projects were due soon too and I had so many tests I had to take, I was just happy to finally get some good sleep for once.

My happiness was soon taken away from me though when my sis said these blasphemous phrases.

"Games this good have really high replay value! What do you mean I'm finished?"

And that was the start of it all.

Almost everyday my sleep was interrupted from the same cutscenes and the same cheesy as fuck lines from these random annoying ikemens(why is there no love for average looking guys. This is a scam!)

I decided to go out to the convenience store late one night to just escape from that hellish torture hole I used to call my home.

I bought some snack and some energy drinks cause I was going to need it tomorrow for my morning class. The sky was already turning a light blue as I was walking back home. "Hurray" for no sleep.