01: the beginning

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2017

~~~~~

"Maya, he's literally right there." A short girl by the name of Risa nudged her best friend, looking over to their friend, Sungchan's direction.

Maya frowned, standing still, "But I feel so embarrassed— what if his parents haven't told hi—"

Risa cut her taller friend off, eyes widening as she whisper-yelled, "Code red, code red, he's coming over!"

Brushing her hair to make it appear nicer, Maya felt a tap on her shoulder behind her. Slowly turning around, she was met by no other than her school crush, and neighbour - Sungchan.

"Hey, Risa, Maya! My parents told me you're staying over at mine for a few weeks, since your dad's overseas and Mark is staying over at Johnny's... right?" He smiled, not wanting to appear intimidating as he does when playing soccer for the school's team.

Maya couldn't breathe for a few seconds, hearing her heart pound loudly.

Luckily, she was quickly able to nod and smile back, "Yup! Since I don't want to stay at my mom and her boyfriend's house."

"Oh, okay... when I have practice, could you go over to the fields and wait for me on the bleachers? You could study or watch there... if you'd like!"

Risa tried to hold in her fangirl screams at the sight of both of her friends looking a bit bashful and shy.

The pink haired protagonist nodded again, "Yeah, uh, sure. I don't really study unless it's important though, haha—" Cue a facepalm from Risa, but Maya continued to take advantage of her chance, "Maybe we could go get snacks after practice, I'm sure you'd be hungry...?"

"I'd like that."

"Cool! I'll see you after school then." Sungchan ran off, waving at the two.

Once the tall boy was out of sight, Risa and Maya squealed.

"I finally don't have to use 'Jaehyun-as-my-boyfriend and you-as-my-best-friend' excuse anymore!"

"I finally have a good chance at making him fall for me!" They did a unique handshake, giggling.

"What's up with you dudes?" Maya's half-brother and the last of the best friend trio, Mark Lee, raised an eyebrow.

"Maya is staying at Sungchan's for a few weeks, cause her dad is going on a trip!"

"YO WHAT?" Immediately Mark was met with two shushes, and dirty looks for other students near the trio. 

He rolled his eyes, "Sorry, sorry. But what country did you save in another life, little sis?"