20: home

WEDNESDAY 27 DECEMBER 2017

~~~~~

"Why IT?" Renjun practically whined, leaning on an amused (rather, trying to hide his own fears) Shotaro. It didn't help that the house was surrounded by darkness, save for the bright LED TV in front of the group.

"Because it's my house, so I get to pick!" Chenle wordlessly recalled the time he dressed up as Pennywise during a Halloween party the 127 Squad held, as he responded to Renjun, "Suck it up."

Donghyuck's devious smirk went unnoticed by everyone, save for Mark, "I can't wait to see you scream."

Mark scrunched his face in disgust, "Ew! That sounds so dirty."

"You made it dirty," Jeno pointed out, making Donghyuck let out a loud laugh. Mark huffed in response, not bothering to retaliate as nothing came to mind.

Jumping onto the couch from behind the furniture, Maya sandwiched herself between Jisung and Jaemin, taking the remote from the former's hands and pressing the play button. Jaemin gave the girl a stink eye, making Jisung stifle a snort.

During the film, half of the friendship group was tense, some even flinching at the slightest things. The rest were either enjoying the film, or trying not to fall asleep. Around mid-film, Donghyuck headed to the bathroom, informing Maya to just continue the movie as he'd already seen it before.

Jaemin couldn't help but feel something was off. He looked around the room, scanning his friends whilst he furrowed his brows, only to not find anything suspicious, so he leaned to the girl next to him, "Hey, Maya?"

"Yeah?" The pink haired leaned closer, her eyes never leaving the screen, "What is it?"

"I feel like something's wrong, but I can't tell what it is."

She let out a dry chuckle, "Haha, very funny, Jaem. I'm not falling for it-" She was cut off by a bloodcurdling scream - not from the TV, but from Donghyuck himself.

"Oi, be quiet!" Renjun called out, before Donghyuck's frantic footsteps were heard, "I saw something in the bathroom, guys!"

"I don't believe you." Chenle paused the movie, everyone's attention now towards the direction of where the panicked boy should've been.

Donghyuck tried dashing back to his friends, but it was a futile attempt. He tripped - only his upper body visible due to the wall of the corridor blocking the lower part - and was dragged back, crying out for his friends with a blood curdling scream.

What the hell? Everyone's faces dropped from indifferent to a mixed one - of confusion and concern.

"Hyuck!" Maya yelled out, fear seeping into her body.