18: christmas eve

SUNDAY 24 DECEMBER 2017

~~~~~

Mark, Risa, Sungchan and Maya all hopped out of the car, sauntering towards Taeyong's house. Jaehyun would've joined them, had he not been called to work an extra shift.

The whole group wore several thick layers, besides Mark who questionably decided to wear shorts. He would never admit it, but he lost a quick bet to Jeno before the cinema, and was now going through with his punishment.

It was almost noon, the weather was a bit cloudy as snow gently fell onto the ground and buildings.

"Geez dude, I'm fucking freezing."

With sarcasm laced in her voice, Maya gasped, "Wow, totally doesn't look like it. Looks like you're pretty warm to me."

This made her receive a playful glare from her older brother.

Wordlessly, Risa opened the front door to see if they could enter - it was unlocked, making her sigh. She should have a word with whoever decided to leave it unlocked, considering she'd been watching a lot of horror movies and crime shows.

Walking in, the quartet heard familiar music, Maya making sure to shut the door.

"RIP that pus—aaaAAAAaAAAHH!" Yangyang flailed, realising he was caught by the four, who were either mortified, disgusted or indifferent about the situation. Maybe a little bit of both.

"Hey guys!" Shotaro grinned, grabbing his phone to re-record the Tiktok he and Yangyang were in the midst of recording, "Just making a new Tiktok, wanna join us?"

"I'll sit this one out..." Sungchan grimaced, making his way over to Jaemin, Renjun and Jisung. The sofa was enough for 5 to sit, yet Maya followed behind and sat extremely close to Sungchan, acting neutral though she could hear her heart beating.

Mark patted both Yangyang and Shotaro on the back, walking over to the couch where Jeno, a surprised Doyoung and Lucas sat.

Lucas' eyes were on Mark's shorts, "In winter? Really?"

Jeno let out a snort, "Should I tell him what happened?" earning a brisk "No!" from an embarrassed Mark.

"Alright then..." Doyoung trailed off, not bothered to insist on interrogating the shivering boy who had suddenly decided to go to the kitchen.

Maya's eyes wandered over to Jungwoo, who slept on the floor, hugging a hungover Johnny who looked done with life.

"Hey, Channie," Nudging her friend, Maya leaned towards his ear, using her hands to prevent any unwanted people from hearing her observation, "Look at Johnny's face. On the left."

Looking over to where Maya was pointing, Sungchan raised his head and laughed, gently slapping his thigh.