09: why would you hurt me?

SATURDAY DECEMBER 9, 2017

~~~~~

Not much happened during the week besides the usual events for our dear protagonists - okay, okay, I'll stop breaking the fourth wall.

Sungchan's usual after school soccer practice, studying, spending most time crying about homework instead of doing it, a hockey game, hanging out with friends, Maya simping over Sungchan, and of course, filming the movie.

More than half of the short film was shot by this time, with Risa and Yuqi as the only actors needed for the scenes at this time of night. None of the other actors were needed, and although they usually would've stayed to at least support their friend, Maya and Sungchan were feeling too lazy, choosing to stay home and do their own thing, much to Risa's annoyance.

As soon as Risa heard Hyunjin yell, "And that's a wrap for today!" She waved to Yuqi and the rest of the crew on set, before waddling and leaping into her boyfriend's arms.

"You really did come..." The shorter girl trailed off with a hum, taking a whiff of Jaehyun's perfume.

That was not his. A few girls, some friends with Jaehyun, had the same scent, and so she knew which perfume it was. Okay, even for Risa this started to sound creepy.

But she was paranoid he was cheating - the unfamiliar scent and knowing he was hanging out with 'friends' earlier worsened this feeling, making Risa back away from her lover with indifference in her features.

That would make sense on why he's been so busy, she surmised. With work. With studying. 'Wants to be alone'. His closest friends won't let her in on it, maybe they just feel bad for her and might think her heart will break beyond repair, or just don't want Jaehyun to get caught? Is their loyalty that twisted and stro-

"Hm? What's wrong, you don't feel like giving affection?" Jaehyun knew that sometimes his girlfriend didn't like affection from others, but most of the time she didn't mind him or Maya giving affection to her. But this sudden cold attitude slightly hurt him.

What should she say? What should she do? Maybe she was just being crazy or toxic, was that what she was?

With no words, the pair walked out of the park, before Jaehyun tried to pull her in for a hug again, attempting to test the waters.

Risa reluctantly let him embrace her, trying to ignore that damned scent.

"There's the affectionate love of my life." Jaehyun chuckled, a bit awkwardly, "Seriously, if there's anything I did wrong, please. Tell me."

"Nothing happened, I just didn't feel up to it for some reason." Risa shrugged, only letting go of her boyfriend when she heard a vibration.

Immediately going to check their phones for who texted them, it was Jaehyun's. He chuckled at the text, making Risa curious.