19: from me to you

MONDAY 25 DECEMBER 2017

~~~~~

Christmas morning came with much calmer weather than it's evening counterpart. By 8AM, 4 people in the Jung household were awake, the sound of footsteps meeting wooden floors echoing in the hallway.

"Presents!" Jaehyun dashed down the stairs, excitement akin to that of a little child.

Sungchan followed behind, the duo's mother already near the tree, holding her phone to take pictures. Her husband was about to grab some breakfast, only stopping when he came to a realisation, "Hold on, where's Maya?"

"I told her to come down, she made noises to say she's awake..." Mrs Jung furrowed her eyebrows, turning her head to where the stairs were, an imaginary lightbulb lighting up atop her head.

"Sungchan, sweetie?" "Yeah?"

His father, who caught on quickly, tried to hide the smug expression creeping its way onto his face, "Could you wake Maya up for us? Please?"

"Mm," And with that hum, the tall boy was already at the top of the stairs.

"Jeez, I didn't think he'd be that quick," Jaehyun muttered, face contorted into a genuinely confused expression, "Wonder why."

The Jung couple shared a look of mutual exasperation at their eldest son's words.

Meanwhile, Sungchan slipped into Maya's temporary room, void of any personality in contrast to her room back in her home.

"Maya?" Garnering no response, Sungchan decided to sit on the edge of the bed and shake Maya, "Wake up, hey, Mayaaaaaaa~"

"Uhn." She groaned, pulling Sungchan down with her and cuddling him. The tall boy felt awkward being the little spoon, his position making the boy feel like a shrimp.

However, seconds later he found himself at the very edge of the bed, about to fall off.

Snuggling closer and closer, Maya only woke up when she was on the floor, blankets strewn around her and Sungchan, "What... the shit hap... pened?"

Sungchan was too busy panicking, letting the only words he could think of out, "L-long story, can't, explain, yeah, but we're gonna open presents."

Brushing off his unusual behavior, Maya got up, helped Sungchan stand, and made her bed with the tall boy assisting her.

Once they were finished, they headed downstairs. "So, what'd you end up giving Jaehyun?" Maya whispered, looking curiously behind her to her friend.

"A vinyl, but I won't tell you which artist." Sungchan ruffled her hair, retracting his hand quickly out of panic, "Now hurry up, shortass."