12: and that's a wrap!

FRIDAY 16 DECEMBER 2017

~~~~~

"I know you mean well, Allen..." Ami started off, "But you know I'm in love with Nina, right?"

"What?" Allen blinked, stumbling back a bit. This made sense on why she'd constantly hang out with Nina— but everyone assumed Ami was just trying to change her image.

Ami giggled, "What? I'm still the same old me. And plus, I could tell you had a crush on me. Keyword 'had'."

"What do you mean..."

"The way you've been looking at my sister these past few weeks, as if she hung up the stars in the sky. You didn't hesitate to ditch me when she got hit by Tristan at the party, knowing that you could've made a move on me." Ami shrugged, "But don't do anything yet with her, I think it's too much of a sudden move. Wait until it's really the right time."

Allen nodded with starry eyes, before dashing back to the rooftop where he and his once enemy-turned best friend always hung out, "Thank you!" — almost tripping on his way.

"I'm not into guys, anyways." Muttering to herself, Ami shrugged with a smile.

Bursting the door open, Allen freaked out at the sight of his best friend laying on the floor with a dazed look.

"Luna! Are you alive?" "Of course I am you dimwit, can't you see me breathing?" To exaggerate her point, Luna started breathing in and out rapidly. The done-looking reaction she obtained from her friend was worth it.

"Anyways," She kicked her legs gently, "How was the confession?"

Allen still held onto the bouquet of red roses and pink teddy bears that Luna helped pick a few hours ago in his hand, "Found out she's been dating Nina. I'm taking a shot in the dark, and guessing you didn't know?"

Luna took a few seconds to process, before snorting. "No wonder why she always rejected every guy. Besides you, but you're the only boy I've ever introduced her to." She felt bad for her best friend, maybe someone else would be right for him. But this led the girl to wonder, who?

"You know, if we didn't become best friends somehow, I would've assumed you knew the whole story and was just being an ass like always." Luna scoffed at her best friend's words as a silent agreement.

"Sorry that you didn't end up with her." "It's fine, thanks to the wiser sibling— OW! I'm not taking that back, but thanks to her, I realised that I was just missing a bigger picture."

"Okay, art nerd, whatever you say." Not bothering to pressure her best friend who she had elbowed on the leg, Luna offered, "You wanna elaborate on that?"

"No, not today."

Maybe Allen's love wouldn't be one sided in the future, but for now, he was content with being best friends with his once enemy, and now crush.