ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙𝟘

Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①⓪
------------------

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑥

1𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓹𝓸𝓿

I turn around to see Lucy fallen over again. I quickly go over to help her up. I turn to look at Peter to see if they have noticed what I have noticed. Scattered all over the floor were little stone statues of tiny badgers.

We quickly walk back to the tunnel opening to tell the Beavers but it seems they already know as Mr beaver has his hand on the nose of a statue that looks a lot like a badger. "he was my best mate." Mrs beaver has her hand on his back and is rubbing it softly.

I quickly grab onto Peters hand as I feel the tears welling up in my eyes as we look around to see more and more stone animals. He rubs his thumb comfortingly on my hand and I turn to face him. My (y/e/c) eyes staring deep into his blue eyes-the moment is broken.

"what happened here?" Lucy asks you both turn away, "this is what becomes of those who cross the witch." a unrecognisable voice says. I feel Peters grip tighten on my hand and Lucy's small one slip into my own larger one as she and Susan jump behind me and        Peter.

Mr beaver quickly rushes forward sadness lacing his everyword whilst Mrs Beaver holds him back from charging after the creature."you take one more step traitor and I'll chew you 'a shreds." the creature looks unbothered by his words and continues to speak calmly, "relax Im one of the good guys" he says in jumping from the small ledge. "yeah," i say "well, you look aufully like one of the bad ones" I finish. "an unfortunate family resmbelence." he says rolling his eyes. "but we can argue breeding later right now we gotta move," He says as the Wolves barks get louder and more prominent. "I like your sarcas-" I go to say but am cut off by Peter pulling me towards a large tree before helping me up.

The Wolves finnaly break through the barrel just as Lucy finishes pulling her leg up. The fox stands in the middle of the clearing after quickly clearing our tracks and sent. (is that how you spell it?) the Wolves are quick to circle the poor creature. "Greeting gents," It says you know I really relate to this fox the ability to make fun in a serious situation "lost something have we?" it continues. "don't patronise me." The wolf growls at him. "I know where your allegiance lies" Maugrim says baring his teeth aggressively. "were looking for some humans" he says as the circle of wolves begins to get tighter.

The fox just laughs "humans, here in Narnia, well that a valuable bit of information don't you thin-" he begins as one of the Wolves jumps forward and latches his jaw onto his back as he yelps quietly. I let out a small squeal before feeling a warm hand over my mouth. "shhh" Peter says whispering. "your reward is your life" Maugrim says getting in his face. "North, they ran north" the fox says lieying quite well if I do say so. I am actually quite a good actor too and I was actually in a big show before we got sent away. "smell them out" The wolf growls before the other wolf chucks the fox as soon as the last wolf has ran I quickly jump from the tree not waiting for the others.

I run over to the fox and turn it over. Luckily it's still alive and it's teeth didn't go in too far.

2𝓷𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓹𝓸𝓿
- - - 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹 - - -
We were all gathered round the crackling fire with Susan on one side of you and Peter on the other. "owwww" the fox says as Mrs beaver does something to his back. "are you alright?" Lucy asks nicely. "I wish I could say there bark was worse than there bite." He says "ouch" He says again "oh stop squirming," Mrs Beaver says "your worse than Beaver on bath days." Hse finishes. "worst day of the year that is" Mr Beaver says looking at the four of you. You laugh slightly.

"thank you for your kindness," the fox says standing up "But I'm afraid that's all the cure I have time for. You all look at him confused. "your leaving?" You ask him. "it has been a pleasure my queen and an honour." He says bowing to me. "but time is short, and aslan himself has asked me to gather him more troops." the Beavers eyes light up at the mention of the name and they both gasp. "you've seen aslan," Mr beaver says exitedley. "what's he like." Mrs Beaver says just as enthusiastic. You smile slightly at how happy they are. "like everything we've ever heard" He says smiling back a t the beavers. "you'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the witch." he says looking at you and Peter as it mainly concernes us two. "but were not planing on fighting any witch" Susan says shaking her head. "high king Peter, high queen (y/n)" your eyes slightly widden from the title you look at Peter. "the prophescie" he says tilting his head. "we can't go to war without you." Mr beaver adds. "we just want our brother back" Peter says throwing something into the flames. (which sets the whole place on fire and they all die, just kidding, or am I...)

- - - 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹 - - -

"Aslans waiting over there by the stone table." Beaver says shielding his eyes from the bright sun. "just across the frozen lake" He says pointing to the huge ice sheet in front of us. "river?" Peter questions. "oh, don't worry it's been frozen solid for 100 years." Mrs beaver says shrugging it off. "it's so far!" you say. "it's the world dear did you expect it to be small?" Mrs Beaver asks. "Smaller," Susan says. Gosh it's far!

𝔼𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙𝟘

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1000
Hiiiiiiiii
Hope you enjoiyed this part
Sorry its rlly late
Don't forget to comment and vote
~🌨️Mabel🌨️