Chapter 16: Thanks for the Memories

I slam my ped into into the Prime's lower chassis which sent him backward, but he did not falter. Optimus and I have been in hand-to-hand combat for the past thirty Earth minutes, and it is stressful. Before we began our session I would barely lay a digit on him. Now, it's full on combat.

Optimus did not fight back though. The only thing he did was block my hits. Or at least do his best to block them. Every now and then I would manage to make a slight dent on both his arms and lower chassis, and every time I did, I fought the urge to stop and apologize. But Optimus assured me it was fine, and to continue.

I throw my left fist in his direction in an attempt to strike him, but he throws his arms up and blocks it thankfully. Finally out of breath, we pause.

"Well done, Juliet. It seems that your combat skills are still precise." So, we're done? I rest my servos on my hips as I thank him.

"Thank you." I look down at his arms and at his beat chassis. "Oh, Optimus. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to --" I was cut off by Big 'O.

"No." He says. "They are only dents. It can be fixed."

Another pause.

"For now, we shall test your other weapons." Optimus transforms his servos into his blades. The blue energon (or lights. I have no idea) racing across them. Both long, sharp, and deadly. Hesitantly, I do the same. The only thing was different was that mine had golden streaks instead of blue ones. I stare at the pair of swords uncertainly. I don't think using these bad boys are a good idea. What if I hurt him?

"Is something wrong?" Optimus' calm cool voice grasps my attention away from the swords, and now toward the Prime.

"Optimus, what if --" All was cut off when a large servo met my shoulder.

"Do not fear, Juliet. Remember, this is training, not the field." Big 'O removed his servo and transformed it back to its blade and slid his battle mask over his mouth. I'm gonna trust you, Optimus. I step back a few and get into my normal fighting position. I bend my arms slightly, and point the deadly weapons at my leader. In an instant, Optimus moves forward, indicating that the next challenge has begun.

He jabs his sword at my lower chassis, but I quickly dodge it. Like a stupid femme, I got caught in my own peds and I tumbled down. Optimus did not catch me, but he let me fall. He raised his sword and brought it down. Only, he didn't hit me. He stopped the blade at the end of my face plate.

"One Zero." Optimus says keeping score. Optimus extends a hand and pulls me up. We got in our positions again. Once again, the Prime jabs at me, and I swerve out of the way. I come around him and aim at his helm. I raise my sword, ready to smite him, and then he turns around. I bring my sword down, but not all the way. I make sure to stop the blade from slicing his head in two right above his optics.

"One one." I retort.

Back in our positions, Optimus aims for my hips, but I was not ready. He stops his sword directly above my hip. "Two one." Get your fragging game together, Saffron! I mentally facepalm. Optimus steps back giving me some space to recover. "Concentrate, Juliet."

I inhale deeply, then exhale. You got this, girl. Optimus then goes for my upper chassis, but failed to hit when I brought my own swords up to block it. I quickly swing his swords out of the way and do my best to hit him. Or...almost hit him. He steps forward, I take a few steps back. His blades severely do their best to get a clear shot, but my own block as many as possible. I managed to whip around, catching him off guard. This allowed me to stop my sword right about his optics...again.

"Two two. Better watch it." No smile had appeared on Big 'O's face. Maybe. I don't know. It's hard to tell with sharp metal swinging at your face.

We charge again, and this time, he was so close to getting me. I quickly race behind him and kick at his peds. He topples to his knees -- making me a bit taller -- while I came up front again and stopped my sword at his neck.