Chapter 9: How You Remind Me

Okay I actually had writers block, but because of Avril Lavigne, I got in a writing mood and tons of ideas came to me. Music always helps =D

Enjoy! 

Um... How do I answer that?! The Prime wasn't supposed to be there when I said all those things. Primus, help me! I was here, minding my own business. Playing the piano oh so gracefully, content, and depressed at the same time. Optimus...the thing about him is that he's the leader. Sure, I'm a leader as well, but I'm under cover. I'm not ready to give up my identity. Especially now that I've lied to all of them. 

"U-uh, Optimus? How long were you standing there?" Optimus stands by the door, arms by his waist. 

"Once you sung the line: Don't you dare look out your window." He answers my question with a straight tone. It honestly would have been hilarious to hear and see him sing, but when he said that, his voice stayed the same as every other time he speaks. 

"Uh...my carri--uh, mom used to tell me stories when I was a spar--child." I mentally slap myself for me stuttering. He's totally going to recognize that I'm lying. Optimus raises an optic ridge and wears a frown on his metallic face. He stares directly at me, it's like he's looking into my soul for whatever he's searching for. This went on for about an Earth minute, until it got kind of weird and I snap him out of it. 

"Optimus?" I ask. He opens his mouth to speak. 

"Forgive me. You reminded me of someone." 

Oh, feelings, emotions, flashbacks. This I wanna hear. I make myself comfortable on the stool, this might take a while. 

"Like who?" Optimus might not open up to me. It's very unlikely. Why? Because he's a Prime, and Prime's don't get emotional. They always check themselves for that, but I don't care. I go ahead and ask anyway. 

"Like who, Optimus?" He looks behind his back, enters the room completely and shuts the door. Is this really that private? What's he going to say? 'You are GoldenWing, also known as Saffron, are you not?' That would be the day. The day I can finally stretch my Cybertronian self will the be the best day of my life. But that also means extra amounts of Energon and maybe a few rusty areas. 

"You reminded me of a long lost comrade on Cybertron. During the times of The Golden Age." Optimus says. I know Elita-one and Optimus were really close back then. Like, super close...until Megatron killed her. As he did to my family, and my best friend. I'm not yet finished with my revenge. 

"What was his name?" I ask dumbly.

"It was a young femme." He kept a frown on his face. Oh my word. Is Optimus going to show emotion? 

"What was her name?" 

"Her designation was Saffron. She was also known as GoldenWing. Commander GoldWing." 

Holy frag, Primus! He's talking about me! My insides begin to jump and turn. I thought it was gonna be Elita or something. The again, her and I don't exactly have the same personality, but that is besides the point. What in the Pits of Kaon did I do to make Big O remember me? Well, my Cybertronian state at least. "Who was she?" I ask. 

"She was the commander of the autobot femmes during the war on my planet."

"What happened to her?" 

"She was kidnapped, captured by Megatron and they killed her." Optimus keeps his saddened expression on. He tries to hide it, but I know a sad, depressed Optimus when I see one. He and I talked several times on Cybertron. Before and after he became Optimus Prime. Well, our meetings were always cut short because of his duties. I remember the day when Orion explained to me the feelings he had for Elita-one. To be honest, it kind of hurt because I was beginning to have feelings for Big O. But as one of his closest friends, I supported him every step of the way. At the time, my feelings didn't matter, all that mattered to me was his happiness. After the war, after Elita was killed, it pained my spark. Not only was she my friend, she was Optimus's lover, and the fact that she was gone made me think that it was my fault and that the Prime would never be happy again. But I've been wrong before, I see him content with his new family here. Although he never takes off that Poker face, I know that he wants to shout for joy everyday. He's wanted here. I don't think that I will be once they find out I'm one of them.