Chapter 11: Resurfacing Memories

"You run! Don't you dare stop!"

"No. I will fight 'till the death!" I ready my weapon, my cannon ready to engage unto all those who dare take another step towards us. Hundreds of vehicons surround us, leaving no holes to escape. Half of our team was scouting for Energon, when we were suddenly caught in a Decepticon trap.

"GoldWing, you will obey my command!" I cringe at what she's telling me to do. She's asking me to leave--no, she's ordering me to leave her behind to fight all these vehicons herself, for us to gather all the energon we can find and get out of here. Energon these days is scarce. There's not much left. Before the war, this planet flourished with millions of energon crystals.

"Elita, this is one order I can not follow." Elita and I are back to back. JigSaw is leading the other half of the team. My best friend FireBlossom is at HQ, managing security, deep underground, where no Decepticon would find us.

"Team, ready your weapons!" I command. All around, there was the cocking and whirring of guns. The team I brought together before the ambush circles around us in a protective manner.

"On my mark!" Elita shouts. I'm ready for this. I was trained for this. Will I let my friends die the way my carrier and sire did? No! It won't happen again, Primus forbid it. I change one of my servos into a sword, my other still as a cannon.

"Steady!" I shout. I wait for Elita's command.

"Fire!" The whole team with us fires rapidly. Letting all their anger loose. Some of them automatically go one on one combat with the vehicons. I grit my teeth, my eyes narrowed, body stiff, and sending off an evil glare at every single 'con I fire upon. At the corner of my optic, I spot Arcee allowing all her rage on Megatron's henchman. Arcee is one of Elita's most trusty comrades. We combined with the autobot mechs to set a plan of attack. I was in charge of pairing up partners, and so, I paired Arcee up with TailGate. About three solar cycles into the war, she lost him. She was captured by Arachnid, and Arachnid deactivated TailGate to get the information she wanted. Thankfully, BumbleBee and some other mech went in there to save her, but not in time. Ever since then, Arcee has nothing but hate for the Decepticons, even more so for Arachnid.

Elita and I stay back to back, like if we were moving in sync. All we need to do now is get out of here.

"I told you to get out of here! Why didn't you obey?!" Elita asks. We're arguing about this now? Really?

"Even if I did follow your command, how would we get out? There was no way of escape." I continuing to fire rapidly, not allowing any 'cons get too close to us. I scan the mini battle that has taken place here. The more vehicons we brought down, the more came to fight back. We're not getting anywhere with this.

"Elita, more and more 'cons are coming. We have to fall back."

"There's no way of escape," She retorts. All of a sudden, a green/blue vortex caught our attention. A ground bridge. I multitask, which was hard enough. As the ground bridge got a little bigger, out popped BumbleBee and a red mech named CliffJumper.

"There's our ride." I say. Elita breaks our connection and sliced and dodges through the vehicons. Many fall to the ground with energon soaking the ground.

"Fall back!" Elita yells loud enough for everyone to hear. I follow behind her, slashing the heads off the 'cons as I speed by them. I look behind me to see if the soldiers are following. Most of them are, some others are finishing up with some Decepticons. Elita, Bee, Cliff, and I stand by the ground bridge to see for everybody makes it through safely. Once I saw that no one else was sprinting through, I quickly scan the area. A small beeping goes off in my processor scanners (a scanning feat that Elita didn't have). There's still an autobot in here. The vehicons get closer by the second. Bee and Cliff enter the ground bridge, expecting Elita and I to go through as well, but Elita and I stay behind.